M1 TUNE SOFTWARE

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

M1 TUNE SOFTWARE

Postby dan on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 am

I am using he latest version of M1 Tune software, with the GPR package. Make some changes to the Data Properties through the Tool/ Show Data Properties.
1. The 1st item changed was Celsius to Fahrenheit. The labels on the coolant temp gauge did change, but the gauge face did not and reflect the new scaling.

2. The 2nd item changed was km to miles. Did not see a gauge for anything with mi/hr. I don't expect and issue hear.
dan

Re: M1 TUNE SOFTWARE

Postby PQatPIT on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 am

At the risk of sounding rude I'd say: Well, how about NOT using those irrational units of the thirld world? ;)
PQatPIT

Postby dan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 am

Oh well. My background is Engineering. Working in the metric world does not bother me. However, most all the automotive folks I work with in this part of world can't move back and forth between the two systems quickly.
I am planning on using auto gauges on the Can Bus (J1939). The gauges will be in english units an the tracks and roadways I will be operating on will be conduct busines in english units. Sorry I have tried to get folks to convert. We were close in the 1990's.
Ya you where a little, like I am. I am participating here because I feel this is a professional site. What bothers be about alot of forum sites are all the options given when we should be discussing issues and solutions. How about keeping it on topic an let's stay professional. Thanks for the comment.
dan

Postby AlanB on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Hello Dan

Unfortunately the gauges are not tied to the channel display units, so if you change the units you will need to change the gauge display settings.
Alan Bell
MoTeC Europe Ltd
AlanB

Postby dan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 am

Thanks for the heads up on the gauge setup.
dan

Postby dan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 am

Reference CPR Version (M150) 01.00.0002 Tune Package and the latest Tune Software 1.3.3.162 - There appears to be a bug. I think I was setting resource values for Injectors and Ignition values in Initial Setup Worksheet; Ignition Configuration & Injectors. I believe I had made changes and additions into these worksheets and saved. Later I decided to make additional changes to the injectors and & Ignitions resources. I did this in or tried to do this in the All Calibrate Worksheet. I noticed I could not make some changes to injectors and ignitions in the All Calibrate worksheet and some values where not recorded correctly in Package Wiring. I went back to the Injectors and Ignition Configuration Worksheets and was able to make the needed changes. Check the Package Wiring and everything changed and showed correctly. I hope there is enough information to find the issue.

Will Motec be adding a Package Wiring printout for the E888 unit in GPR package. How about some other devices. This is a real nice print out to turn over to builders and folks do wiring of vehicles.
dan

Postby Fast_Moto on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:00 am

dan wrote:Reference CPR Version (M150) 01.00.0002 Tune Package and the latest Tune Software 1.3.3.162 - There appears to be a bug. I think I was setting resource values for Injectors and Ignition values in Initial Setup Worksheet; Ignition Configuration & Injectors. I believe I had made changes and additions into these worksheets and saved. Later I decided to make additional changes to the injectors and & Ignitions resources. I did this in or tried to do this in the All Calibrate Worksheet. I noticed I could not make some changes to injectors and ignitions in the All Calibrate worksheet and some values where not recorded correctly in Package Wiring. I went back to the Injectors and Ignition Configuration Worksheets and was able to make the needed changes. Check the Package Wiring and everything changed and showed correctly. I hope there is enough information to find the issue.

Will Motec be adding a Package Wiring printout for the E888 unit in GPR package. How about some other devices. This is a real nice print out to turn over to builders and folks do wiring of vehicles.

I think the current GPR package is version 1.00.0005. I suspect you will need to provide a specific example before someone can help. I tried changing a value for cylinder 1 reference flow in the setup sheet, but that was reflected in the all calibrate sheet. Similarly, I assigned a new input to one of the sensors and that was also reflected in wiring.
Fast_Moto

Postby AndrewD on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm

dan wrote:I noticed I could not make some changes to injectors and ignitions in the All Calibrate worksheet and some values where not recorded correctly in Package Wiring. I went back to the Injectors and Ignition Configuration Worksheets and was able to make the needed changes. Check the Package Wiring and everything changed and showed correctly. I hope there is enough information to find the issue.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reporting this. This Bug:

#10609 Package help 'wiring' view doesn't refresh when resources changed

has been fixed in the next M1 Tune version we are currently testing, due out early next year.

Andrew
MoTeC Research Centre
Melbourne, Australia
AndrewD
MoTeC

Return to M1 Tune