Eclectic Throttle and AC

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Re: Eclectic Throttle and AC

Postby MarkMc on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:56 pm

What voltage is your AC request? the AV inputs are 0-6v......if you feed 12v into one you will affect the others.

The blipping will be tuning as there is more load with the AC on.
MarkMc

Postby greenamex2 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:36 am

MarkMc wrote:What voltage is your AC request? the AV inputs are 0-6v......if you feed 12v into one you will affect the others.

The blipping will be tuning as there is more load with the AC on.

I noted that OP said the following that you might have missed MarkMc -

"I moved AC request from a volt input to a digital and it now works"

He now has the following issue -

"I moved AC request from a volt input to a digital and it now works"

I am intrigued...especially if I can ever work out how to fit an air con pump to my engine...the wishbones and driveshafts are in the way!!!
Motec CDL3+M130+LTCD+MDD+PDM15+PDM16M+ESDL3
Nissan VQ30DE fitted to an AM Sportscars EX2 with a Hewland HP 2000
greenamex2

Postby MarkMc on Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am

The AV inputs are designed for 0-6v only. Most automotive AC switches are 0-12v which means you need to run them into a digital or UDIG channel. If you connect 12v to an AV input it can pull up other AVs......they are simply not designed for 12v. Using a digital or a UDIG is the correct way for a 12v input. I suspect Ray was using a 12v signal for the AC and this was affecting other AVs used for DBW position.......if there is any problem with the DBW position the ECU will shut the function down for safety.
MarkMc

Postby rayhall on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Mark is correct I was sending 12 volts to the AC request volt input. I was told some time ago this was not a good idea. So I suspected it was causing the foot pedal signals to be offset. So change to a digital to see if it fixed the problem and did.

It would be good if there was a manual or some documentation with do's and don't's for wiring inputs and outputs. A good example of this is the Link ECU tune software. The help is extensive and has all information available.

Ray.
rayhall

Postby Salasko Racing on Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:56 am

There is it's just hard to find for some reason. I usually access it through Build 1.3 but here's the hardware info...

https://www.motec.com.au/filedownload.p ... docid=4487
Salasko Racing

Previous

Return to M1 Tune