A/C Setup & post start ACC relay issue

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

A/C Setup & post start ACC relay issue

Postby Victorscn on Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:47 am

Hi!
The car is a 2008 Subaru WRX STI. Using an M150 with a GPR based firmware and a pnp harness.

I need help with a single issue regarding A/C setup, I might be overlooking something, but its taking me quite some time to figure out.

The I/O is setup correctly. When I push the A/C button in the car, Air conditioning Request switches it state, and the Air Conditioning Clutch State as well, so the A/C system works.
The only problem is that the driving polarity of the Air Conditioning Request Resource is inverted.
When the A/C button is off (in the car) the M1 ECU recognizes it as On, (and vice-versa)
It might seem as easy as just inverting the clutch polarity. If I do this, the system works correctly, but the compensations that are applied when Air Conditioning State is On doesnt work, because they need the state of the A/C to be On in order to be applied.
Since I am using the Universal Digital Input 8 as the request, I believe this issue would be solved if the M1 could understand that 0 is On, and 1 is Off, and not the other way around. Is it possible to be changed?

The second issue is that, once I start the vehicle, all of the accessories (such as Radio, A/C, clock, etc) are off for around 40 seconds... After the engine is running for that period of time, the accessories relay turns on, and everything comes back to normal. I searched for the word " delay" everywhere in the map, but nothing seems to be related to this issue.
There is a function under the STI specific tables called "ACC Off" , but it is currently not in use.
I have no idea what to look for here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Victorscn

Re: A/C Setup & post start ACC relay issue

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 am

Hi,

Can you post the Package or Serial number of the M1 thanks.

If this is a Partner Package (as it sounds like it may be) then you will need to approach the developer of the Package for Support, as we do not have access to the source code for these Packages, so we do not know what changes have been made to the control strategies.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M1 Tune