Fail to connect to ECU

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Fail to connect to ECU

Postby NUS-FSAE_Nigel on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi, I have been using my M150 ECU for about 2 years now.

I have recently run into a problem whereby I am unable to connect to my ECU using the ethernet port.
On startup, I am able to detect the ECU through M1 tune however, once I try to retrieve the package from it, the error message given is "Failed to retrieve Tuning Data". A screenshot of the problem is attached in the post below.

I have tried force sending a new package to the ECU by pressing Ctrl + Alt and clicking on send but the problem persists.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Attachments
Ecu problem 2.png
Ecu problem 2.png (99.46 KiB) Viewed 19944 times
NUS-FSAE_Nigel

Re: Fail to connect to ECU - Windows 11

Postby Loqy on Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Hi,

I cannot connect to the M130 & M150 after upgrading my laptop to Windows 11.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Loqy Siregar
Loqy

Re: Fail to connect to ECU

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:12 am

There are three steps that seem to fix most problems.

1) Re-run the Motec Dash Manager installer. You can select the "Repair" option to have it install the correct network components.

2) Look at the Network Properties of your Ethernet Adapter, and make sure IPV6 is enabled.

3) Make sure any anti-virus / firewall software allows MoTeC Discovery to access the network.

What have you tried?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am

As David said, re running the installer for the Dash managers resolves most of the connection issues. You can also use Help | Repair in M1 Tune to do this as the Colour Dash managers and M1 Tune use the same systems in the background to communicate with their respective devices.

The cause of this we are still tracking down, it appears to be that on some systems, there is a Windows Update that breaks the mDNS system that is used for addressing the devices, the reinstall/repair process restores this mDNS link and gets the communications working again. We have tried to replicate this issue here but have not been able to do so as installing that update that we suspect causes this doesn't do so on any of our test machines.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Loqy on Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 pm

Dear Stephen & David,

Thank you, really appreciate it, working on it & let you know the result immediately.

The problem is solved, thank you.
Loqy Siregar
Loqy

Return to M1 Tune