Q in the fuel table off alot

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Re: Q in the fuel table off alot

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:50 am

We can't really help without looking at a log. Provide one where you show this problem happening, and tell us when in the log you pressed the Q key.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Mobne on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:09 am

David Ferguson wrote:We can't really help without looking at a log. Provide one where you show this problem happening, and tell us when in the log you pressed the Q key.

Which channels do you want logged?

I don't know if this helps at all but i have a picture of the fuel monotoring page and one over the live log at the pointr where i press q. I post it for you.

The sections before i try change the lambda target to see how it follows and the lambda struggle to hold the aim.
Attachments
motec2.jpg
motec2.jpg (383.55 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
motec1.jpg
motec1.jpg (141.66 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Mobne

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:29 am

The standard diag logging (which you can't change) would be fine.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Mobne on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:56 am

This log should have it if i can't change those channels.

I have atleast tried to setup acording to this docuemnt.

https://www.motec.com.au/filedownload.p ... docid=5973
Attachments
S1_14207_20220726_160105.zip
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 327 times
Mobne

Postby NathanB on Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:17 pm

Mobne wrote:I have atleast tried to setup acording to this docuemnt.

https://www.motec.com.au/filedownload.p ... docid=5973

Multi Throttle.jpg
Multi Throttle.jpg (412.74 KiB) Viewed 4376 times

Step 3 of setup - Set inlet manifold pressure sensor to not in use.

For tuning this MUST be done for the estimate mode. I have already outlines the risk of having a manifold pressure sensor assigned in boost pressure reference estimate modes in the event a boost pressure sensor fails.

Whilst tuning, the "Q" function will set the inlet manifold pressure estimate table value to the inlet manifold pressure sensor value, instead of calculating the required fuelling for the strategy. I have asked for this to be changed, but as it stands in the current firmware, you need to have no inlet manifold pressure sensor assigned and calibrated to tune it correctly.

The reason you think there is an issue with you injector calibrations is in part due to the fuel pressure differential value. This is calculated based on your injector location:

After throttle: Fuel pressure (measured or calculated if no sensor value) - inlet manifold pressure

Before throttle airbox referenced: Fuel pressure (measured or calculated if no sensor value) - airbox pressure sensor

Before throttle boost pressure referenced: Fuel pressure (measured or calculated if no sensor value) - boost pressure sensor

the idea being for the before throttle use on estimate based tuning is that because we don't have a reliable pressure signal to reference being on the other injector, we use a reference value other than inlet manifold pressure. If it was set to after throttle in estimate based tuning, the differential pressure would change every time a value was changed on the estimate table. As your set to boost pressure relative, at light load, the differential pressure is not calculated accurately in your instance, as you have a high (indicated by your manifold pressure sensor) manifold vacuum at idle.

fp differential.jpg
fp differential.jpg (83.47 KiB) Viewed 4376 times

In the case of your particular application, the next steps I would take are the following:

- Unassign your inlet manifold pressure sensor (this will fix your Q function issue)
- Assign the inlet manifold pressure sensor to airbox pressure (you then have this value available to you for monitoring manifold pressure)
- Set the Injector location to "Before throttle airbox referenced" (so the differential pressure of the injector is correctly calculated against the inlet manifold pressure)

- Retest behaviour.

I noticed that you also have some atypical numbers in some of your fuel volume and fuel film trim tables, so just be mindful of that (particularly the fuel film ones when tuning)

Unfortunately your ECU only has level 1 logging, so we cannot optimise a log set for tuning or further diagnostics.
NathanB
MoTeC

Postby Mobne on Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:28 am

Unassigning the map sensor fixed the problem.

I would not say that q is 100% spot on but really close. Much better now :)
If i would like to log manifold pressure i cant do that with this method? Would be great to have a fix so that the ecu ignores the sensor if its setup to be an estimated value.

Thanks for the help! :)
Mobne

Previous

Return to M1 Tune