Cannot Send packages after latest System update

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Cannot Send packages after latest System update

Postby bbrtuning on Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Hi all,

The latest .0095 System seems to be causing some major issues for me. When I initially tried to update the System, it immediatelty failed with the error message "Failed to Login to the ECU". Ever since then, I cannot Send any packages to the ECU, update Security permissions, update System, etc. This is happening now on two different ECUs, both in vehicle and on test bench, and on two different laptops. I have also tried the Ctrl + Alt "Force Send" method with the same result. I AM able to make online changes and save them, run the engine, etc. I am having a few other new firmware bugs now as well, but since I can't revert to an older Package, I cannot test this either.

I can't seem to find a way to revert to an older system. I'm not clear on the function of "Override ECU System Version" option but that hasn't seemed to help regardless. Is this a known issue?
bbrtuning

Re: Cannot Send packages after latest System update

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:36 am

Hi,

Which Firmware are you using?

The Override System file should allow for you to change the system version in the M1 ECU that you are using.

To remove the System file from your computer, close M1 Tune then go to C:\ProgramData\MoTeC\System\M1 and find the 01.04.0095.m1sys file and delete it. You may need to turn on the "Show Hidden Folders and Files" option in Explorer to see this directory. When you open M1 Tune again, if you open the Package that is on the M1 and Force Send it into the M1, then the System file will be reverted back to the most current file that you have on your computer.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby bbrtuning on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:40 am

3rd party firmware. It is happening on both a standard 3rd party licenced package ECU as well as my Development ECU.

I was able to remove the latest System file, however I still get "Failed to Login to the ECU" when trying to Send or Force Send any package. Are there any more details on what this error means exactly?

There are no Security Permissions configured, just Guest. In fact, if I now try to add a Security user, it appears to work initially, but once the ECU cycles itself, it does not prompt for password and the new User I created does not appear under Security Permissions at all.

Should Force Send be able to resolve this? I'm wondering if I'm not doing it properly.. Is there a particular time when Ctrl + Alt must be held?

I have also tried a "clear flag" licence for one of the ECUs, however I'm getting "Failed to update the ECU Licence" when I attempt this, with no further details as to the error.
bbrtuning

Postby NathanB on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:09 pm

So for a force send, hold down control and alt before you click on the send icon, and ensure you hold them down while the package sends.

One other item to consider is to delete any logging in the memory of the ECU, as a full logging memory can cause an issue when a new package is trying to be sent to an ecu.

If you are continuing to have this issue, close and rego to View > open Tune, then open the ECU, and try and send a package. If you get the error message failed to login to ECU, got to View > Show Messages.

There will be a prompt box that shows up on the bottom third of M1 tune. Copy and paste this text, and send it to support@motec.com.au so we can work out exactly what is going on.
NathanB
MoTeC

Postby bbrtuning on Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:33 pm

To follow up on this, there seems to be a few compatibility issues with this 3rd party firmware and System .0095 (all previous versions are fine). Working with Motec directly on this now.
bbrtuning

Return to M1 Tune