Start & Com Problems.

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Start & Com Problems.

Postby jjckflsh on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:31 am

Hi All, Thank you for taking a look at this post!
I just recently tried to connect my laptop with M1 Tune software to my 2004 Hayabusa with a MoTec M130 ECU and C127 Display.
I started my computer and M1 tune with no problems. I use a USB to Ethernet connector and ethernet cord to attach to my ECU using MoTec's Ethernet connector. I have never had any connection problems with this set up. I turned on my ignition to my bike and the headlights turned on and my electric fuel began to prime. Normally, the fuel pump primes then shuts off. I can't remember if it is a time delay or fuel pressure that signals the shut off? The C127 display never turned on or even flickered to do its MoTec start up ceremony. The bike will engage the starter but, the engine will not start. Seems like no ignition spark. The M1 Tune program does not show any ECU. These problems happen whether I have the Laptop hooked up or not. My thoughts are that the ECU is not getting power or it is fried.
My questions are:
What is the logic of the interplay between the ECU and display? Does the ECU have to be powered for the Display to start-up?
I am not sure what shuts off the fuel prime, Pressure or time?
Is there any fuel system start-up logic for triggering ignition to begin?
Supposing the electrical connections to the ECU are good, what could cause the ECU not to receive power?, are there some built in logic safeguards?

Here is a link to the Vid showing the problems:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6tUDg ... sp=sharing

Your thoughts:

Thank You for your time and thought with this!

Jack
jjckflsh

Re: Start & Com Problems.

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Sure looks like a power (or ground) / wiring problem. The fuel pump is normally controlled by a relay, that might not work if the ECU doesn't power on or have a good ground.

I would start by looking at your OEM fuses, then get the documentation for the wiring harness, and check that you have good power and grounds, at the ECU and the dash

Normal electrical troubleshooting.

If this is only happening when the Laptop is connected, you might want to try running the laptop on battery power, and you could have some weird ground loop issue.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to M1 Tune