Log Folder Data Expansion Rules Issue

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Log Folder Data Expansion Rules Issue

Postby rickyl on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 am

Hello,

I've done some Googling, but I can't find an answer to this. Maybe I just missed it though?

I'm trying to get M1 Tune to automatically create the directory structure that I would like to use when I pull log files. The structure that I am after is:
Code: Select all
Motec Data\EventName YYYY-MM-DD
which should be fairly simple. However, when I use the
$(Year)-$(Month)-$(Day)
expansion rules in my M1 Tune options, it expands to
Motec Data\Event YYYY-Month-Day
For example:
CFR10989 2019-June-Saturday

I've tried a bunch of different variations of expansion rules but I can't get anything to work, and I can't find a document that lists all of the possible rules.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
rickyl

Re: Log Folder Data Expansion Rules Issue

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am

Hi,

I have just spoken to the developers of M1 Tune about this, and currently there is not the option of having a folder structure of \Year\Month\Date of Month within the M1 Tune dynamic folders. This was done for two reasons, the first is that some Windows Locale variables have issues with this format and mix up the day and month variables, the second is that as the log files are already date stamped, if they are added into a \Month folder, they will be sorted in date order by default.

I have asked for this to be re-investigated and to see if it can be added into the options.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: Log Folder Data Expansion Rules Issue

Postby rickyl on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:48 am

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply! That's a little disappointing but not the end of the world, I guess I'll try to figure something else out for sorting.

Thanks!
rickyl

Return to M1 Tune