Wheel Speed Setup 2004 Hayabusa

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Wheel Speed Setup 2004 Hayabusa

Postby jjckflsh on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 am

Hello and Thank you in advance for any input to answering my questions.

I am trying to setup a wheel speed input for a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa using the stock Speed Sensor.

The Hall Speed Sensor uses a speed rotor with 4 teeth that i attached to the front sprocket. This configuration eliminates any input from the gears 1 through 6. The front sprocket has 17 teeth and the rear sprocket has 40 teeth.
I computed a ratio of the Speed Rotor using this formula:
# speed Rotor teeth / 1 rotation of rear tire = (Rear Sprocket / Front Sprocket) * Speed Rotor

(40/17)*4 = 9.4117 Speed Rotor teeth / 1 Rotation of Tire.

Tire 190/50-17 Circumference: 76.91 inches / 1953.44 mm.

Tire Rotations per Statute Mile: 823.25

Questions with regard to entering data in the Vehicle>Speed>Rear:

Timeout: How does this work when changing the threshold time? What would be a Nominal Value?

Vehicle Speed: How does this work? The vehicle's speed is constantly changing? How to change the value from KPH to MPH?

Sensor>Period>Sample: How does this work with the fact my speed rotor only has 4 teeth? What effect would sampling beyond 4 teeth have?

Debounce: With having the 4 toothed Speed Rotor what would good setting be? Also what does the symbol (uS) mean?

Do I enter the calculated ratio into the Drivetrain>Gear box>Ratio>Final input? Where would the rotational Ratio be entered for calculations?

Because I'm in the US, I need to get Mile per hour calculations for speed. How do I make sure this happens?

Again, Thank you for any input on this!

Jack
Attachments
Front Sprocket Speed Rotor.jpg
Front Sprocket Speed Rotor.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
Drive Train Final.JPG
Drive Train Final.JPG (107.24 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
Wheel Speed Inputs.JPG
Wheel Speed Inputs.JPG (108.63 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
jjckflsh

Return to M1 Tune