Upgrade of GPR package to 1.4 - Issues, Issues & More Issues

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Upgrade of GPR package to 1.4 - Issues, Issues & More Issues

Postby Conrad on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:04 am

I have just had the pleasure (not) of upgrading my M150 to the latest GPR 1.4 package. You guys seem to love going out of your way to make life difficult and the migration certainly isn't a smooth transition :(

The amount of data from my previous version that didn't migrate successfully was unreal.

Here are just a few...

Gearbox position, no longer in mV and is now in %. I now have to re-calibrate each position.

It turned off Can Bus 2 and changed the address during migration.

Throttle servo main bank 1- resource no longer assigned
Throttle servo tracking bank 1 - resource no longer assigned
Throttle servo main bank 2 - resource no assigned
Throttle servo tracking bank 2 - resource no longer assigned

Injectors are now a drop down menu (which is better by the way), however the linearization of ID2000's in the drop down menu is different to the original calibration I had for them so now my engine efficiency table is screwed and will need redoing.

I can't remember off the top of my head but there was also some variable name changes which means the data doesn't migrate either because it cant relate the old name to the new name.

Rant over...

:)
Conrad

Re: Upgrade of GPR package to 1.4 - Issues, Issues & More Is

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Conrad,

From reading your issues, it sounds like you have migrated from a Dec 14 version of GPR to the current version, without going to the July 15 version, is this correct?

We made a lot of changes to the way that the GP Packages work in the change from Dec 14 to July 15, but also had a lot of internal functionality in July 15 to assist in the migration from Dec 14, such as having the old and new names for parameters internally linked. This functionality isn't as present in the current version as the presumption is made that the migration to it will have been done from July 15 where most of the work is done, and then only the minor changes from July 15 to Feb 16 are covered.

We have a number of migration documents on the website that cover the process involved in the migration, they can be found here

With the ID2000 linearisation tables, that information hasn't been changed from the original data provided when those injectors where done, so I am unsure as to why this may have been affected.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade of GPR package to 1.4 - Issues, Issues & More Is

Postby Conrad on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Stephen,

Thanks for the reply, I did indeed go from the early Dec 14 version to the latest version. I guess you live and learn, not to worry, I am getting there slowly :)

I will have a read of the notes, thanks for the link.

Regards

Conrad
Conrad

Return to M1 Tune