How to apply a new licence

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

How to apply a new licence

Postby Hags86 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi All

I've just purchased a Level 2 Logging Licence for my M150. Where/how do I apply this to the ECU? I assume somewhere in M1Tune (but I can't find the menu item) or is there another tool to apply the licence to the ECU?

Thanks in advance
Hags86

Re: How to apply a new licence

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 am

It's all pretty automatic (meaning I don't remember the exact process) -- I think this is what happens:

After downloading the license archive, you will install that in M1 Tune (double-click the file in Windows Explorer and M1 Tune will launch and install the license). The next time you connect to that ECU, I believe the license will be updated.

You can verify this in M1 Tune, by using Online->Show Information..., selecting your ECU. On the ECU Infomation page, there is a license button in the lower left corner -- click that button, and the right side of the window displayed will indicate the Licensed Options for logging.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Hags86 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks David

I just wanted to close the loop and confirm you are correct. The issue I had was the dealer had sent me the password for where they download the licences archives from rather than the actual licence archive file. It made it a whole lot easier once I had the licence archive file rather than just a password to a website/file share I don't have access to.

Cheers
Hags86

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 am

I'll have a chat to that dealer today as well.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M1 Tune