EGT sensor for Time Graph

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

EGT sensor for Time Graph

Postby RGAClarke on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 pm

I have replaced an M4 with an M130GPA and think that I may have made a mistake with the EGT sensor set up.
The M4 used a K type thermocouple with a Motec amplifier with the signal being connected to "AUX T".
For the M130, I connected the signal to Analogue temp 2, the sensor ground to Sensor 0V (A) and the amplifier power to Sensor 6.3v.
The probe is on cyl 2 pipe so I used the channel Exhaust Temperature Cylinder 2 Resource. For calibration I used MoTec TCA.1.0 and for Voltage Reference "absolute".
I also do not know how to generate a "translation" channel which could be dragged to the "Time Graph" and struggle with this methodology for other resources (such as ambient air pressure) too.
Thanks for the help.
Rupert
RGAClarke

Re: EGT sensor for Time Graph

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 am

Hi Rupert,

When you select a Sensor Calibration from the drop down list, M1 Tune automatically applies the correct calibration table to the Sensor Resource, you do not need to create one.

To get the data across from the Parameter list to the Time Graph, make sure that the Channels are turned on (the ~ symbol at the top of the Parameter lists) and then select the channel that you want displayed by clicking on it and then dragging the channel across to the time graph. You can either drop it into an existing graph, or by dragging it to the scrolling timeline at the bottom, opening a new separate graph for the channel.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: EGT sensor for Time Graph

Postby RGAClarke on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 am

Thanks Stephen for the reply.
I was trying to drag the "Sensor Resource" channel instead of the simple "Exhaust Temperature Cylinder 2" with the tilde.
Many thanks.
Rupert
RGAClarke

Return to M1 Tune