Re: M8 RS232 channel config for CDL3 in dash manager

Postby SprinterTRD on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:19 pm

Yep, that's the one you need
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby fastech on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 pm

SprinterTRD wrote:Yep, that's the one you need

Ok, this is getting pretty frustrating...

I've paid to have the M8 Upgraded to v6 through my local Motec dealer, then set "Telemetry Data Set" to 1 on the M8 and used "MoTeC M8 Set 1" (and 0) templates in dash manager as outlined by Adrian.

Attempting to view standard channels from the ecu, it's the same as before v5, the data either doesn't show or is incorrect. e.g. at idle my rpm says up around 7k and my air temp is over 100c. I understand I can modify the channels, but it defeats the point of the template i'd think, and if i can't find documented channel information to configure manually it makes it pretty hard.

I never ask questions on forums as i like to work things out myself, but this just isn't working for me!

Appreciate any direction/tips
Dave

P.S. What is the difference between the Dash Manager templates "MoTeC M8 Set 0" and "MoTeC M8 Set 1"?
fastech

Postby SprinterTRD on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 am

If you press F1 in the M8 software while the Telemetry parameter it will show the difference between the data sets

Did you set up the baud rate correctly in ECU & dash?

Has the dash rs232 template file been messed with and changed the order of the RX channels?
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby adrian on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 am

Hi David,

Can you please send me your ECU and Dash config files so I can test them here.

You can send them to support@motec.com.au if you prefer not to post them here.

Adrian
adrian
MoTeC

Postby fastech on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:08 pm

SprinterTRD wrote:If you press F1 in the M8 software while the Telemetry parameter it will show the difference between the data sets

Did you set up the baud rate correctly in ECU & dash?

Has the dash rs232 template file been messed with and changed the order of the RX channels?

Thanks for mentioning the baud rate again (Adrian I know you did also in an earlier post thanks), at first look yesterday I didn't notice that baud rated changed for this version, previously the M8 was set to 9601 which explained my similar results. I blindly just changed the telemetry value from 0 to 1.

I hoped it would be something silly, thank you for all your help I really appreciate it.
Dave
fastech

Previous

Return to Old ECUs