Subaru WRX STI JRR M150 package

Discussion and support for M1 Plug-In ECUs

Subaru WRX STI JRR M150 package

Postby Victorscn on Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:24 am

Hi everyone!
I have a question regarding I/O Resources.

The car that I am tuning is a 2008 non-USDM WRX STI, utiizing a pnp harness by boomslang, with JRR Subaru firmware, and a M150 ECU.
Boomslang makes a great job providing the pinout for their pnp adaptor, which contains all of the MoTec Pins, and the stock ECU pins, so we can trackdown and diagnose systems that are not functioning correctly.

When purchasing the JRR firmware, it was sent to me a basemap that contains some of those I/Os preloaded, some of which I had to make changes in order for the car to start and run according to the boomslang harness, besides tuning, and it all went fine.

However, that are some functions in the I/O Resources that utiizes "Firmware" related inputs and outputs, and some of those are not working correctly, like "Firmware 1", "Firmware 2"... and so on.
Is this something created by JRR? Or some of those are standard for all MoTeC aplications?

*EDIT* JRR helped me understand what all the Firmware I/O were about, they are all listed under Communications> CAN
Last edited by Victorscn on Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victorscn

Re: Subaru WRX STI JRR M150 package

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:35 am

Hi,

Only John Reed will be able to assist you with this, as the Firmware Resource settings are Package specific and MoTeC is not privy to how they have been configured in the Package when it has been submitted as a Partner Package.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Turbo Steve on Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 am

Hey Victorscn, I have basically the same setup as you except I have a USDM 2011 STi. But I have the M150, with Boomslang harness, and JRRs firmware. My issue is that the fuel pump will not prime. I have power at the pump so to me that means the ECU is not sending the ground signal, I also hear the relay in the footwell for the fuel pump, the software shows that it is in prime mode but yet the pump doesn't prime. I will add that the car runs perfect when the Stock ECU is plugged in so its not a wiring issue. Just looking to see some insight on this as I have been waiting for JRR to respond to my emails for about a month now.
Turbo Steve

Postby Victorscn on Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:29 pm

Turbo Steve wrote:Hey Victorscn, I have basically the same setup as you except I have a USDM 2011 STi. But I have the M150, with Boomslang harness, and JRRs firmware. My issue is that the fuel pump will not prime. I have power at the pump so to me that means the ECU is not sending the ground signal, I also hear the relay in the footwell for the fuel pump, the software shows that it is in prime mode but yet the pump doesn't prime. I will add that the car runs perfect when the Stock ECU is plugged in so its not a wiring issue. Just looking to see some insight on this as I have been waiting for JRR to respond to my emails for about a month now.

Hey Turbo Steve!
I had the same issue you are having in the beggining.
The issue was the fuel pump relay is activated through the Fuel Pump Controller, which is activated by CAN if your Subaru is 2008+, and it is located in the JRR software under Subaru STI > Fuel Pump > Resource
You could wire it directly to the M1, bypassing the stock Fuel Pump Controller and make it work with the logic under Fuel > Pump > Output Resource. But it is just a lot more work, we ussually only use this logic when mounting multiple pumps in an external anti surge tank
Victorscn

Return to M1 Plug-In ECUs