M150 + lambda

information about how to make an ECU (MoTeC or non MoTeC) work with a MoTeC dash or data logger

M150 + lambda

Postby Matce on Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:25 am

Trying to clarify something here:

If I want to read lambda on address 0x651 / bit 0 - I have to also integrate the Motec Lambda-to-CAN-module, correct?

The rep I emailed with just said "confirm with customer if lambda is sent"...

thank you!
Matce

Re: M150 + lambda

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:33 am

The firmware in the M1 has to have a working Lambda value to send something on 0x651. This could be an LTC connected to the same or different CAN bus, or something else depending on firmware.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Matce on Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:20 am

David Ferguson wrote:The firmware in the M1 has to have a working Lambda value to send something on 0x651. This could be an LTC connected to the same or different CAN bus, or something else depending on firmware.

thanks David!

The wideband is always connected to the CAN-bus somehow, correct? so some "adapter" from wideband to CANbus (like the LTC) is required to get the value?

Firmware is "GRP".

thank you!
Matce

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:09 pm

Yes, the GPR firmware will only work with the MoTeC CAN-connected Lambda Controllers (LTC or PLM). The GPR firmware on the M150 will use the Lambda value info it receives over the CAN bus to provide the "Exhaust Lambda" channel that you see broadcast to CAN Addr 0x651, Byte 0 on the ECU selected CAN bus.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Matce on Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:25 pm

David Ferguson wrote:Yes, the GPR firmware will only work with the MoTeC CAN-connected Lambda Controllers (LTC or PLM). The GPR firmware on the M150 will use the Lambda value info it receives over the CAN bus to provide the "Exhaust Lambda" channel that you see broadcast to CAN Addr 0x651, Byte 0 on the ECU selected CAN bus.

appreciate the info!

Basically we made a CAN device (Dash) but are struggling with that acknowledgement-bit that is required to be set so the Motec doesn't go into error-state. So if the LTC is on the CANBUS anyways, it should set that bit and the system should work.

The LTC can be set to be on the same bus as our device, correct? Basically just hook it up to the same bus-wires physically and we're good to go? The PLM also transmits lambda-value onto CANbus, yes?

thank you!
Matce

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:30 pm

Well, it could be on the same bus, but you have no control over that. Customers may wire their cars with all the engine bay stuff on one CAN bus, and all the cockpit stuff on another -- it should not be too hard it get your low-level driver fixed -- do that instead of working on "hacky" solutions. In looking at your documentation, look for words like "silent mode" -- you don't want that...
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Matce on Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:52 pm

David Ferguson wrote:Well, it could be on the same bus, but you have no control over that. Customers may wire their cars with all the engine bay stuff on one CAN bus, and all the cockpit stuff on another -- it should not be too hard it get your low-level driver fixed -- do that instead of working on "hacky" solutions. In looking at your documentation, look for words like "silent mode" -- you don't want that...

yeah, fully understand and agree with that. I'm definitely looking into the driver-solution but IF that's not an option, then we tell our Motec-customers to get the Dash onto the same bus as the LTC. That's not an issue, I believe :)

thanks!
Matce

Postby wandaorta on Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 pm

Matce wrote:Trying to clarify something here:

If I want to read lambda on link address 0x651 / bit 0 - I have to also integrate the Motec Lambda-to-CAN-module, correct?

The rep I emailed with just said "confirm with customer if lambda is sent"...

thank you!

Hello! It seems that reading the lambda on address 0x651/bit 0 would require the integration of the Motec Lambda-to-CAN module. This module is designed to convert the analog output signal from the lambda sensor to a digital signal that can be transmitted over the CAN bus.

Without this module, it may not be possible to read the lambda data on the specified address and bit. However, I would recommend seeking clarification from the rep you emailed with regarding the specific details of your situation and the requirements for reading the lambda data. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on the necessary steps to achieve your desired outcome.
wandaorta

Return to ECU to Dash Comms