Aim solo 2 DL exporting acceleration G to M1 ecu

information about how to make an ECU (MoTeC or non MoTeC) work with a MoTeC dash or data logger

Aim solo 2 DL exporting acceleration G to M1 ecu

Postby Scott Crawford on Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:33 am

Hoping this was the most appropriate forum for this issue. I have an M130 ecu with motorcycle drag based firmware transmitting from the ecu to the dash over the canbus with no problems. The ecu is receiving gps data from from the dash and I added the g-meter on 0x680 to the AIM dash can output. I'm not getting any of the vehicle accel channels to read, I see blips of activity when monitoring the ecu live but it jumps back to "communications timeout".
The can receive is selected "on" to can bus 1 and the address is x0680. The dash will not accept the zero before the 680 and the ecu will not accept 0x680 without the zero after the x and before the 680.

I am obviously not sharp on canbus. Any help would be appreciated.

I took some screen shots but when I try to attach an image in this post I just get [img] and no option to select the pic.
Scott Crawford

Re: Aim solo 2 DL exporting acceleration G to M1 ecu

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 am

Hi Scott,

If you enter 680 in the ECU Receive CAN ID Base parameter, M1 Tune will change that to display 0x0680. Is the Dash requiring a Hexadecimal (the 0x0 value) or a Decimal (1664 is 0x0680 in Decimal) value? You could try entering 1664 in the Dash and 0x0680 in the M1 as a test.

Yu couldn't upload the images as you where a newly registered user, and they have limited posting rights. i have changed you to have the ability to post attachements.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: Aim solo 2 DL exporting acceleration G to M1 ecu

Postby Scott Crawford on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:25 am

Thank you for the reply. I was able to get hold of someone at Motec USA and they helped me work it out. I had the resource wrong as I thought that I was picking can one and it was asking for can message not bus so it needed to be on 4.

As far as the AIM being a different hex I don't have any idea why it drops one zero on the AIM export side. It's currently working like that.
Scott Crawford

Return to ECU to Dash Comms