Marelli to C187

information about how to make an ECU (MoTeC or non MoTeC) work with a MoTeC dash or data logger

Marelli to C187

Postby emidiaz_182 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:00 am

Hi, my name is Emiliano, im from Argentina and im new user of dash and data logging. i want use the C187 on a racing car with marelli Spa ECU, i will connect via CAN and i wanted know if someone can help me about configuration o dash manager and wiring, i dont know if exist some tutorial or video about this connection. thank you!
emidiaz_182

Re: Marelli to C187

Postby adrian on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 am

We have a number of webinars on CAN that you can get to from our website here.

Unfortunately we don't have any information on the CAN protocol from the Marelli ECUs so unless you can get that information from Marelli then knowing how to setup the C187 is not going to be much help.
adrian
MoTeC

Re: Marelli to C187

Postby Slagathor on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:40 pm

emidiaz_182 wrote:Hi, my name is Emiliano, im from Argentina and im new user of dash and data logging. i want use the C187 on a racing car with marelli Spa ECU, i will connect via CAN and i wanted know if someone can help me about configuration o dash manager and wiring, i dont know if exist some tutorial or video about this connection. thank you!

It would be very time consuming, but perhaps you could reverse engineere the Marelli ECU by isolating signals and sniffing the CAN bus...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwNJocB-y1Y
Slagathor

Return to ECU to Dash Comms