SDL3 and MazdaSpeed 3 ECU

information about how to make an ECU (MoTeC or non MoTeC) work with a MoTeC dash or data logger

SDL3 and MazdaSpeed 3 ECU

Postby ghostbusters on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 am

I'm working with a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 that has an SDL3 and came to me already wired up.

Some factory parameters are already being logged (Engine RPM, etc.) But, I'd like to log Wastegate Duty Cycle, and read what the factory wideband o2 sensor is doing. I assume that these items can be picked up via CAN?

If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.
ghostbusters

Re: SDL3 and MazdaSpeed 3 ECU

Postby JamieA on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am

I dont necessarly understand your full installation there. Does it have the factory ECU, a Motec ECU, or another brand?

I am assuming from the second line that you are talking about a factory ECU.

If that is the case, your question is much more difficult than it sounds.

the Factory OBDII will most likely not have that information available, so polling the OBDII for it wont work.

the internal vehicle hi speed CAN bus will most likely have that information, but ever manufacturer has different ID's and formats for channels, so there is no easy way to tell you what to look for.

Most manufacturers hold onto their CAN bus info like it is top secret, so you may be unable to find out what you need.

regards,

Jamie
JamieA

Re: SDL3 and MazdaSpeed 3 ECU

Postby ghostbusters on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

The car has a factory ECU in it. I'm using another manufacturers reflash tool to log and reflash items through the OBD2 port, but would like to get all of the data aquisition in one spot since it makes sorting the data much easier.

What is it that I need to be looking for in order to define the other parameters I am looking to log? I may be able to find some more information if I can ask the right questions.

I can post the dash configuration file if that would be of any help.
ghostbusters

Return to ECU to Dash Comms