Wireless CAN Communication

Information on getting your PC to talk to your MoTeC product via RS232, CAN, USB or Ethernet.

Wireless CAN Communication

Postby FSAE_HNU_JACKIE on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I made the CAN communication from ECU to my MCU successfully. But the GPS data and steering angle data in CDL couldn't be read.
:D Are there anyone had achieved sending these signals to MCU or PC, pls help.
Of course in wireless way.
please accept my appreciation.
FSAE_HNU_JACKIE

Re: Wireless CAN Communication

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 am

Please define "MCU".

Also, what do you mean by "couldn't be read"?

What PC connection are you trying to use (Ethernet to M130 ECU? USB-to-CAN on M400/M800 ECU? Ethernet to CDL3?).

You need to describe how your system components are connected so that we can help you.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby FSAE_HNU_JACKIE on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 pm

David Ferguson wrote:Please define "MCU".

Also, what do you mean by "couldn't be read"?

What PC connection are you trying to use (Ethernet to M130 ECU? USB-to-CAN on M400/M800 ECU? Ethernet to CDL3?).

You need to describe how your system components are connected so that we can help you.

Thanks for your reply !

We use STM32 to connect with M84 by wireless CAN communication. We put wireless serial port in M84 CAN port and STM32, in this way they are connected.

We receive many data from ECU, like the battery voltage, the engine temperature. But the GPS and the steering angle store in CDL3, and we can't output them through CAN. If it is possible to output them ? :shock:

Look forward for your reply !
FSAE_HNU_JACKIE

Postby David Ferguson on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 am

Your CDL3 can be configured to transmit any channel over the CAN bus. I suggest you look at a CAN template like "VCS TransmitCompound Full" and modify it for your needs. Hint: When you first edit the template, use "Save As..." to create a new template name.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to MoTeC PC Comms