ADL3 Ethernet Problem

Information on getting your PC to talk to your MoTeC product via RS232, CAN, USB or Ethernet.

ADL3 Ethernet Problem

Postby r.hellenbrand on Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 am

Dear,

I have the following problem.
Mine pc, windows XP, is communicating perfectly with the ADL3.

The pc from mine customer simply refuse to communicate!

I already tried a windows XP and a windows7 pc, both have the same communication problem.
I see that the pc tries to send packets to the adl3 but the adl3 don’t sends anything back.(none received packets).
It looks like the ip address is blocked!

The “motec device discovery” shows there is an adl3 connected.
I tried already to turn off the firewall, also the anti virus programs are disabled.

Is this a known problem, how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Ron
r.hellenbrand

Re: ADL3 Ethernet Problem

Postby JamieA on Mon May 10, 2010 10:23 am

Have a look at this document, and see if it is of any help to you.

We are intending to provide a comms check wizard, to help with such problems, but it is still in progress.

I would suggest that the most likely cause is either your firewall of Anti Virus.

You not only need to switch them off, but make sure that they are completly stopped. Some anti-Virus applications (McAfee) still run, even when you switch them off.

In this instance, you have to actually uninstall the application to be sure that it is or isn't the problem...

Jamie
Attachments
Troubleshooting Ethernet comms.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 1792 times
JamieA

Re: ADL3 Ethernet Problem

Postby philgrx7 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:03 am

I had similar issue but with an SLD3, not sure if ADL3 comms on IPV4 or IPV6 protocol, once I enabled IPV6 on my network connection discovery worked and I was up and running in no time. Worth a check..

Phil
philgrx7

Return to MoTeC PC Comms