Syvecs to Motec

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Syvecs to Motec

Postby Thezedhed on Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:01 am

Hi Everyone,

My first post.
Apologies if any of this has been covered, I’ve had an unsuccessful search around the forum.

I have a highly modified R35 that was an early adopter of Syvecs in their days of development so it doesn’t have a pnp kit.
My current loom has been hacked about due to the lack of a pnp kit and on top of that I have a lot of extra I/O requirements (I also had a Syvecs X10 expander).
I now have the M150 GTR pnp ECU kit along with the T1r C1212 dash kit which I am greatly looking forward to installing.

When looking at the M150/R35 pin out data sheet I see quite a few unused I/O’s listed as ‘Not externally available’ yet all the 26 & 34way stub looms are populated.

Can I just cut the required stub loom wire (ie A06) and use the Low side Ignition for my desired purpose, same for all other ‘Not externally available’ wires?
Similarly for the additional 7 to 12 injector o/p’s?

I ran a Syvecs AWD controller via the X10 Expander, I see the ‘Front Drive Clutch Control’ (B21 Half Bridge O/P #8) listed as ‘Internal’ for OE Pin, would I be correct in thinking I just return this to stock wiring and Motec will then have the capability to control the ETS?
Breakout Plug E17 & E18 are listed as Clutch Lo & Hi are these a couple of i/p’s I can make use of?

A12 ‘Lambda Narrow Input 2’ (Battery Current Sensor for MY12+ models) is this a regular Analogue Voltage i/p that I can make use of? (Mine is a MY09 so no stop start)

C13 ‘Tacho out’ is a Low Side Ignition will this be required as I have the C1212 dash?

Basically any help people can give in identifying the spare I/O’s that I can use will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ian
Thezedhed

Re: Syvecs to Motec

Postby NathanB on Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:37 am

Hi Ian,

I would advised depinning the 'not externally available' resources as opposed to cutting and joining wires unnecessarily.

As an example, the common one is peak and hold injector resources 7-12 for secondary stage injectors.

To control the AWD, it requires the factory controller to be unplugged and wiring run for the solenoid to the breakout connector on E17-E18. This also requires one of the narrowband lambda sensors to be used with the current sensor circuit in the adapter box.

The Tacho output is not for the Tacho - it is the wired engine speed signal required by the TCM, so you cannot get rid of this.

R35 Transfer Control.png
R35 Transfer Control.png (324.07 KiB) Viewed 655 times

The other lambda narrowband can be used like a normal AV input, just keep in mind it has a 1M pullup to 5V, so it suits some applications more than others. You would typically use it for non critical pressure sensors or the like (ie. coolant pressure instead of a map sensor)

LNB.png
LNB.png (61.5 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Essentially you have the following inputs/outputs available to you:
- AT1
- AV14
- AV16
- AV17
- Dig 1
- Dig 2
- Dig 3
- Dig 4
- Knock 3
- Knock 4
- La NB 2
- Udig 11
- Udig 12

Outputs:
- PH Inj 7-12 (secondary injectors)
- LS ign 9
- LS ign 10
- LS ign 11
- LS ign 12
- LS Inj 6
- LS Inj 1
- HB 9
- HB 10

As already explained, with the T1 dash kit, due to it serving other integration functions, you have limited IO available on it.

If you require further IO, an expander will need to be purchased.
NathanB
MoTeC

Postby Thezedhed on Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:34 am

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your clear and concise answers, much appreciated.

Are the M800 34/26 way pins the same as the M1?

I'm in the UK and seem to be finding M800 more readily available.

"To control the AWD, it requires the factory controller to be unplugged and wiring run for the solenoid to the breakout connector on E17-E18. This also requires one of the narrowband lambda sensors to be used with the current sensor circuit in the adapter box."
Would this be the following narrowband lambda?
A11 - LA_NB1 - Lambda Narrow Input 1 - Internal - Front Drive Clutch current sense

Just checking that I am correct in thinking Udig 11 & 12 can be used for compressor wheel speed sensors?

Thank you for the list of available I/O's

May I check that Low Side Ignition 7 & Low Side Injector 1 are actually available?
They are listed as 'Exhaust Sound Output (Muffler Valve, MY17+)' & 'Driver Exhaust Sound Switch (input signal, MY17+)' respectively.
Seeing as mine is an 09 model we didn't have a dynamic exhaust back then.
It seems this may only have been shown on the Revision E version as other spec shows it as 'Not Used'

Thanks again for the help so far
Thezedhed

Postby Thezedhed on Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:32 am

Sorry for the delay in replying Nathan, as I've only just joined the forum my post have to go through approval, which seems to take almost 3 days.
Thezedhed

Return to M1 ECUs