M150 with water/methanol

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M150 with water/methanol

Postby maxiturbo on Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:14 pm

Hello, I am a new member in this forum. My name is Asier.
We have been developing a project for some time. It is a single seater with a 1000cc BMW S1000RR motorcycle engine and we have installed a Garrett G25-550 turbo among many other things. The electronic system is complemented by a Motec M150, PDM15 and an E888 module.
The engine, like all modern motorcycle engines, has 8 injectors. 4 in the primary ramp and another 4 in the secondary ramp.
Now we want to implement a four-port water/methanol system. 1 nozzle for each cylinder. The thing is that we want to go a little further and we want this water/methanol spraying to be sequential as if it were a fuel injection. I want the spraying to occur in the intake cycle when the valve is open and not a continuous spraying like conventional systems. I want to avoid water build-up in the intake manifold while the valve is closed.
The problem is how to achieve that.
Has any of you tried this before or have any ideas? Do you think it can be done through the motec?
Thanks
maxiturbo

Re: M150 with water/methanol

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:34 am

Hi,

This can be done using the Secondary Fuel setup in the Alternative Fuel system. Secondary Fuel operation presumes that there is a completely separate fuel system for the secondary injectors.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: M150 with water/methanol

Postby maxiturbo on Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.
But if I'm not mistaken, my engine having 4 high-ramp injectors and 4 low-ramp injectors, the secondary fuel setup must already be busy isnt it?
maxiturbo

Return to M1 ECUs