Fuel Lab brushless migration

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Fuel Lab brushless migration

Postby ZT-R on Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:10 am

Hey guys, don't rip me too hard I'm just a hobbiest with a horrible memory.
Im looking for some guidance in setting up the brushless fuel pump controller from fuel lab.
My old setup was 2 walburbo 450s which are powered by one of the PDM15s (each pump on their own outputs of 2 20amp circuits for each pump) in the rear which talk to the M1 via CAN.
For Pump 1 I ran a wire to LS9 and wired it up to the SPEED wire of the controller, power and ground come from the PDM. For pump 2, which is staged so it doesnt need speed control, I grounded the Speed wire to the Pump 2 Power GND, which should command full speed for pump 2 when supplied power via PDM.
The pumps seem to work ok. Im not really sure how to setup the PWM part. I enabled Fuel Pressure Control Pump Output Resource to LS9.
Im not really sure what to do next.
It wouldn't start but the pumps work. I got it running by testing each injector for a second with the pumps on and it cranked up and ran. Seems like the prime doesnt work.
Im not sure the firmware but its pretty new and complicated lol, i can check when i get back home.
Attachments
1530201351model25311intankfuelpumpkitinstructions.pdf
(355.41 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
ZT-R

Re: Fuel Lab brushless migration

Postby SOReilly on Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am

Hello,

Could you upload your M1 package so we can take a look?
SOReilly
MoTeC

Re: Fuel Lab brushless migration

Postby ZT-R on Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:55 am

i got it running some how I didn't really change anything other than clicking some settings and changing them then changing it back. I get some PDM voltage errors or something like that my tuner is suppose to remote in today. Odd.
ZT-R

Return to M1 ECUs