M130 time vs rpm table

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M130 time vs rpm table

Postby ssober on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:43 am

I am needing to build a table for time vs rpm on my m130. Is this possible and how?
ssober

Re: M130 time vs rpm table

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:54 am

You may need to explain what you are trying to do in a bit more detail.

If you are asking how to analyze how much time you speed at each RPM range in a given "run", "session" or "complete logged data", then you may be able to do this using a histogram in I2 -- in fact, I think the default "Engine Workspace" in I2 Standard has a tab for this already setup. You can change the properties to show you the Y axis units in time instead of percent.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby ssober on Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:08 am

I want to plot a table with max rpm so I cannot exceed a certain rpm during a run.
Ie. 8000 rpm for 1 second then 10,000 for 2 seconds ect. not just have a single max rpm.
ssober

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:20 am

Are you building your own firmware with M1 Build? Then you need to create a new Engine Speed Limit State enumeration, configure the table, and code the solution in Engine Speed Limit Calculation.

If you are using an existing package like GPA and have to work with the existing tables, the closest you will get is the "Engine Load Average Engine Speed Limit". This allows you to specify an engine speed limit based on the engine load average, and depending on your choice of Engine Load Average Time Constant, might get you close to where you want to be. It will be a challenge however as it doesn't work exactly as you describe.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby ssober on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:26 am

I don't have a developer license. I thought there might be a table I could not find. The load table is not really what I want. Wasn't sure if there is a table in the m1 drag or if I need to find someone to pay someone to build me a table.

Might need to scrap the whole m130 program and go with a m400 where I can do this on my own
ssober

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:36 am

So exactly what package are you using? That will define what is available to tune.

The motorcycle drag package has a Launch Control Engine Speed table, that can use Race Time as an axis (21 sites) to limit the RPM on the launch.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby ssober on Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:35 am

I will have to look at what package I have. I do not think I have the drag package
ssober

Return to M1 ECUs