Idle State Change

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Idle State Change

Postby rayhall on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:35 pm

I have a M150GPR on a Audi V10. The engine runs and have done some tuning. I havea problem with the engine stalling when idling. Cannot find any reason for this happening other then the idle state changing from IDLE to NORMAL.Cannot not find anything that would make theidle state change. There is no fans or AC switching in or out that cuases this.

Another odd thing is the ignition timing is wrong in the live data compaired to what is in the tables and settings, It will got to amuch higher values then expected . I have included some screen shots and the package.

IdleIgnition.png
IdleIgnition.png (55.97 KiB) Viewed 11030 times

IdleIgnition2.png
IdleIgnition2.png (22.8 KiB) Viewed 11030 times

Ray.
Attachments
GPR (M150) [01.10.0024, February 2016] Ultima V10 , Base Map for Ultima with Audi V10 Engine mq start.m1pkg-archive
Ultima audi V10 M150 Package
(2 MiB) Downloaded 732 times
rayhall

Re: Idle State Change

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi Ray,

The upper limit of the Ignition timing range is set by the Ignition Timing Main table. When the Idle Control system has advanced the ignition timing to a point that it has matched the ignition Timing Main table value, the Ignition Timing State will change from Idle to Normal to indicate which system is currently controlling the Idle Ignition timing.

I would advise that you remove the Overall trims in place for the Fueling and Ignition.

Can you post the logging from the engine stumbling under idle conditions?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby rayhall on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:05 am

Stephen,

Thank you for that information. I will try what you suggest after I find were these settings are in the software. I find the M1 Tune software hard to find what you want. Even when I do find it the next time I need to make a change I have the same problem finding where it was. There are just too many pages of settings.

Ray.
rayhall

Postby gtihk on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

It is a matter of getting used to it.
Go to All Calibrate under Tuning workbook, tick the appropriate box on top and then type in the name of the item you want to look for.
Better still, create your own custom workbook and then you will always know where to find the things you use mostly.
gtihk

Postby greenamex2 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Well worth spending some time with custom workbooks.

Great for concentrating on a specific area or the sort of things you look at regularly after the main setup and tune is complete.
Motec CDL3+M130+LTCD+MDD+PDM15+PDM16M+ESDL3
Nissan VQ30DE fitted to an AM Sportscars EX2 with a Hewland HP 2000
greenamex2

Postby WereItSoCheesy on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:20 am

I've been having this exact same issue on a Triumph 675 engine. If ignition timing doesn't go into idle state, the idle will hunt and the engine dies in a matter of seconds. Once I get it into idle state (i snap the throttle a few times on starts and it seems to go into idle state) and it corrects ignition timing, the engine will idle forever. On hot starts the engine will not go into idle state without holding the throttle open for ~15 seconds.
Attachments
motecstuff.JPG
motecstuff.JPG (126.71 KiB) Viewed 10845 times
WereItSoCheesy

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi,

Can you please post the logging of this happening, as well as the Package from the M1 thanks.

If you would rather, you can also send this information to support @ motec.com.au
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby WereItSoCheesy on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:54 pm

As soon as the car is back together this weekend I'll send it to you.
WereItSoCheesy

Return to M1 ECUs