M130 vs M150 with rotary package

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M130 vs M150 with rotary package

Postby Deesan on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm building a bridgeport 20B RX-7 and I'm currently shopping for an ECU.
Some people suggested me to go with a Link Thunder. However, I wouldn't mind
spending more money and get a motec ECU, since I'm already going for a PDM setup aswell.

Now, to be honest... I have no experience when it comes to ECUs and tuning related stuff, hence why I'm here asking for a precise answer.

My main question is, which one of the two ECUs (M130 vs M150) is the better product for me? What is the difference between the two?

The setup:
- 6 plugs (2 per rotor) all powered by individual GTR coils
- 9 injectors (3x1000cc primaries / 6x1000cc secondaries).
- Aim dash
- 1 PDM
- A/C
- e-power steering
- e-water pump
- 2 (maybe 3) wideband sensors

Oviously, I'd rather get the M130 if I can get away with it, since it's cheaper than the M150.

If someone knowledgeable could chime in , that'd be great!

Thanks
Attachments
V3-color.jpg
V3-color.jpg (210.23 KiB) Viewed 7295 times
Deesan

Re: M130 vs M150 with rotary package

Postby greenamex2 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:51 am

So...

Have you read the M1 GPR Rotary package PDF?

Going from that the M130 would just about be able to cope with your immediate requirements. However have a serious think about what you might do in the future, the main difference between the M130 and M150 is number of inputs (and outputs, but you look OK for them especially with a PDM), and they can get used real quick!

The e-power steering might be a problem, do you have any more details? Same query for the e-water pump.

For the wideband sensors you would need to add some LTC's or an equivalent.

Have you downloaded M1 Tune and the GPR Rotary packages and had a play with some dummy configs? Not only will it answer a lot of questions, it is also fun, free and may steer you in a certain direction.
Motec CDL3+M130+LTCD+MDD+PDM15+PDM16M+ESDL3
Nissan VQ30DE fitted to an AM Sportscars EX2 with a Hewland HP 2000
greenamex2

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 am

Hi,

Greenmax has given a good answer here, and isn't that much different to what I would have said.

Details on the P/S pump and EWp would be useful, the P/S should be able to be run using the PDM for a power source, but the EWP will need a SSR for pump speed control (can be done through the M1) as the PDM doesn't have PWM outputs.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby z0mgchris on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 am

As Greenamax mentioned, with the M130 you're going to start to limit yourself pretty heavily on I/O without going down the route of an E888 expander. Both M130 and M150 will do the basic setup you're asking about.

Assuming the E-PS is something along the lines of a TS Astra PS pump, it should be more than fine to not even need to be hooked up to the ECU (just PDM for power).

I personally went for an M150 on my R33 GTR because I like having more than enough I/O without having to further expand with an E888 (And I have a lot of sensors).

Definitely would recommend downloading the M1Tune software and having a play around. It might take some hours to get used to it. but once you take the time, you'll be able to work out whats the best package for you (Also I wouldnt concern yourself too much with the specific details of sensors etc if you do decide to play around).
z0mgchris

Return to M1 ECUs