Fuel Mixture Aim issue/question

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Fuel Mixture Aim issue/question

Postby DentGuy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:17 am

I was looking over a log and I see some strange Fuel Mixture Aim activity.

The Mixture Aim is ramping towards lean for some reason and I dont have any tables telling it to do so. The only connection I can find is between the Pedal Sensor and the Mixture Aim. as the Pedal Sensor falls the Mixture Aim begins to target Lean.

Im confused by this because the Mixture Aim trim is 0% yet it seems the Pedal Sensor is having an influence on it. There is no Mixture Aim trim attached to the pedal Sensor. What am I missing here?

I have attached a log screen shot for reference. Fuel Mixture Aim is on the top graph and the bottom graph also.

Bob

DentGuy

Re: Fuel Mixture Aim issue/question

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 am

I can't read what package you are using with your low-resolution screen capture -- so perhaps you could let us know that.

I think perhaps you are logging "Fuel Mixture Aim" (and "Throttle Pedal Sensor") at too low of a sample rate, so you are just seeing the effects of interpolation of the data points --- I believe that because your Exhaust Lambda values aren't changing like they are reacting to a change in Fuel Mixture Aim.

I would suggest you open your M1 package in MoTeC M1 Tune, and look at the "Tuning -> Mixture Aim " worksheet and check at all the various Mixture Aim tables -- it looks like your package has an "Alternative Fuel Mixture Aim", so a guess is that you have a fuel composition sensor and it's indicating that you have more alternative fuel and is adjusting the Fuel Mixture aim based on the amount of alternative fuel.

Is this a new installation -- or a new problem that is appearing on a sorted configuration?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Fuel Mixture Aim issue/question

Postby DentGuy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Thank you!!! I just toggled the data points in the log and you are 100% correct! Still learning the system
DentGuy

Return to M1 ECUs