ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Postby GWRMOTORSPORT on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 am

DONT KNOW WHETHER THIS ONES BEEN MENTION BEFORE BUT IF NOT
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO HAVE A 4D AXIS SETUP WHEN USING AN AUX TABLE AS AN OUTPUT FUNCTION IN M#00,
X , Y & Z. INSTEAD OF USING THE RESULT OF ONE TABLE AS THE AXIS FOR ANOTHER TABLE AND EFFECTIVELY USING UP AN OUTPUT PIN.
GWRMOTORSPORT

Postby 20B on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:22 pm

I would like a pull down tab or similar from the menu to add detailed notes and comments about I/O setup etc.
I find the file/edit comments tab fairly underwhelming, its easy to loose track of all your setups and how you have configured things. I keep a little notebook with comments and notes I find useful to refer back to occasionaly so something like this would be nice.
Mazda 1993 RX7
20B N/A engine
Motec M800,CDI, SDL, SLM, LTC, DHB
20B

Postby Spinner on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Import/export a complete function setup from/to a file. It would be very helpfull when creating new files made of setups coming from various files, exemples, old or different setup versions. Currently, it could be done for a table, but not for a function, like TC, Fuel, ignition,....

I second this one...

Export entire setup to excel file, this will allow an easier over view of the config. It will also allow management/authorized approval for changes.
The tables could maybe be dropped into separate sheets?
Then once changes have been made to be able to update the whole thing back.
Spinner

Postby Chris Wilson on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

JamieA wrote:Sorry about the confusion, we dont have an M1 section of the forum yet.

At present our pritority is to get the M1 ECU manager software ("Tune") finished, and take into account the things that you guys dont like about our existing software.

but some good news for M800 users, we intend to continue with this range of ECU's along side M1 ECU's, so ECU Manager will also continue.

Thanks..

-Jamie

Just to be clear, Motec intend to update and add new features to ECU Manager software for the M*00 series? Will you be looking at suggestions in this thread for the M*00 series software, or is this just for the new series? Thanks.
Chris Wilson

Postby JamieA on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

Even once M1 is release, Hundred series ECU's will continue to be sold alongside the M1 range.

The M1 ECU's will initially be only applicable to particular applications, most people will still use M800's.

Given this, we will obviously keep developing the M800 software, adding in new features.

I would suggest to you that no further changes will be made to hundred series ECU's until the M1 range is released in March/April.

After that time, I suspect that we will go back and add in some of features that have been waiting on M1 to be done.

What will and wont get done is still up for discussion, but I will be looking through this thread to put together a list of requested additions. Requests that require major re-writing of software will probably not be added in, but I would expect to see some of the common requests to be done.

regards,

jamie
JamieA

Postby Chris Wilson on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 pm

That's good news, thanks Jamie, glad the gold boxes will still be an ongoing product from Motec, and the software may still get some updates. Appreciated, cheers, just wanted to clarify.
Chris Wilson

Postby Holmz on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Jamie,
It did not appear by the tittle to be just a thread to gather data for what should be in upcoming ECUs.
So that does sound promising.
Holmz

Postby MileyCyrus on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Possibility of having more user channels in Input Pins Setup. With a M800 and a E888 both hooked up the availability of inputs allows for alot more than the standard 8 user channels. Or even the ability to rename some of the channels such as EGT's or Lambda Cyls, so it doesn't have to be done after the fact in i2.
Nathan Tarlinton
Electrical Team Leader
UOW FSAE
MileyCyrus

Postby Blu302 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Jamie,

In referance to your earlier post, Can we get some idea as to what would likely require a "major" software re-write, so as to have an idea of what ideas would likely be culled in this thread?

Thank in advance

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Postby JamieA on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 am

Blu,
I really cant tell you, as I am not the ECU manager programmer.

My plan from here is that in a few weeks, I will take the contents of this thread, and put them on a list of requested items.
I will check it off against M1 software, and make sure we have covered off the important requests... (we have done many of them already in M1)

I will then pass the list onto the M800 guys after M1 release, and we will sit down and discuss what is possible, and what is not possible.

It is only at that time that I will able to know what we can get done, and when it will be scheduled.

thanks.

Jamie
JamieA

PreviousNext

Return to M1 ECUs