Gear shift timing?

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: Gear shift timing?

Postby Mobne on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:59 am

Still struggle with short blips. It down shifts well but it’s not that smooth and I feel the blip events end as soon as the rev march targets meet. You can feel the deceleration and it sounds “rough”.

I can’t seem to do anything about this. I have tried
Really large numbers in the gear shift timing but since this is closed loop
They don’t matter much.

I want to delay the throttle closing directly after the rev match is done. So I have some throttle open on the deceleration into the next lower gear to smoothen out the engine decel.

No matter what I try my throttle close as fast as it can right away the match is complete. The downshift is inconsistent and some times the blip is holding the throttle open a little longer, then it’s really smooth.

Nothing in the gear timing table does anything about delaying or holding the throttle open after rev match is complete. The system totally overrides and close it. I have a log and will post it later on.

Is it possible to do what I want or do I need to work in open loop to really affect the time it holds the blip?

Throttle closing “ramp” down or delay is what I’m
After.
Mobne

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:08 am

We need an ECU log (level 2 logging) with the relevant gear shift channels to offer any suggestions more that a guess. Be sure to log "Gear Shift Engine Speed Limit" at a fast rate, as this can have a great effect on the shift harshness.

You have not even provided what firmware you are using (GPRP? Version?)

Do you have the parameter Gear Shift Throttle Aim Minimum Duration ?

I have found my gear shifts were much smoother, when I changed engine Speed Match values from like 105 (Power on) / 95 (power off) to 102 / 98. So experiment with that.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Mobne on Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:23 pm

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20240801GhjJ8S0n

Yes i have that channel.

Please check the log and advice.

I have level 2 logging, but still most chanels only support 100hz.
Mobne

Previous

Return to M1 ECUs