Fuel Pressure model

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: Fuel Pressure model

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 am

What it means is that if the fuel pressure goes up with manifold pressure, then the M1 will not compensate the default fuel pressure value against this rise, hence the fuel volume calculations will be out. If the engine has been tuned like this, the Efficiency table will be correct for current settings, but any changes requested, such as making it into Manifold Pressure Referenced, or to the Lambda Aim, will require a retune, as the M1 will not be able to make the corrections to the fuel model.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby CarloL on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Thank you Stephen!

My Motec (Irish Authorised) M1 mapper told me it will not make a difference as it will be overwritten when she enters closed Loop; if I was running 3 bar of boost it may be an issue, its is over kill for an old engine like my 2JZ, you could put Mumbo Jumbo in there when it is running on closed loop

http://www.motec.com/dealerssectionuk/d ... e/#Ireland

If you wish I can send you his responses , getting alot of conflicting information, some may say I am being pedantic & MoTec Support is but the setting is there for a reason and I paid alot for money to have my car calibrated by the Irish Authorised M1 Tech; at the minimum my expectation is to have the car calibrated correctly

I would ask the question how the companies (M1 Technicians) affiliated with MoTec get vetted , this standard of delivery is not up to par or reflects the reputation of MoTec; I took the assumption running MoTec products and using an authorised M1 technician I would be in safe hands, in terms of support professionalism and delivery

Looks like I will need to fly in a MoTec Technician from the UK at considerable additional expensive to me , but based on my current experience with an authorised M1 technician; How can I judge who and if they will delivery

MoTec support on here is fantastic , just giving you some feedback based on my customer experience to date.
CarloL

Postby stevieturbo on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:40 am

With all the posts....

Is there actually a problem with how the car runs ? What is the intended usage ?

Is it some sort of 1000, 1500, 2000hp build ? Where everything may be critical ?

Those M1's really do sound overly awkward though !
stevieturbo

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Carlo,

I believe that the tuner has been back in contact with you, and has organised to get this all sorted out? i have had our UK support team have a talk with the tuner as well.

Stevie,

They aren't awkward to use, but you do need to spend a little time making sure that you have the correct data and settings being used in order to get the best result, this also applies to pretty much all of the other ECU's at the same level as the M1. We have tried to layout the workflow for setting up the ECU in M1 Tune in a logical manner, so that you start at the basics for the engine, and work through setting up the engine, until you get to the point of tuning. Once there, you tune like any other engine.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby CarloL on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 am

Thank you Stephen

The tuner was back in contact with me , we are organising to get her fixed up !

Thanks again for the Support!
CarloL

Previous

Return to M1 ECUs