GPRP stuck in 2nd

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

GPRP stuck in 2nd

Postby ZT-R on Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:13 pm

Could someone take a look at this log and tell me what I need to do to get this thing to shift out of 2nd gear. I suppose it could be the dogs but there was little swarf in the fluid. Trans doesnt have many miles. It will shift fine sometimes but most the time no.

M150 GPRP
HGT 6speed sequential
Motec Paddle shift Kit
Strain guage and Shift lever as well.

I believe the car is setup to pretty much trigger the air system but i would still think if i pull the lever hard enough it should go in gear.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7ibbtmdd ... g6rtt&dl=0
ZT-R

Re: GPRP stuck in 2nd

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Is it the shifts at the end of the logging that you are looking at? There are a few when you are in second and in overrun (the engine speed is dropping) this means that the gear engagement dogs will be on the overrun side of the dog ring, rather than the drive side as would be expected with a normal upshift with power on. As they gearbox is on the overrun side, you need to reverse the operation of the shift function to get it to shift, so in this circumstance, you need to have a throttle blip occur so that the engine unloads the dogs to get it to come out of gear, and then apply the cut to slow down the engine to get it into third.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby ZT-R on Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:47 pm

Forwards the end it shifted but you can see I attempted the probably 60ish gear changes, clutch in, clutch out, power on power off couldn’t get it to do anything. There is just a little bit of stuff in the oil, don't think its enough to be more than normal wear but i guess ill pull the trans out and check the dogs.
ZT-R

Postby ZT-R on Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:31 pm

pretty sure i have a broken barrel, im gonna strip it down and investigate.
ZT-R

Return to M1 ECUs