Fuel consumption

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Fuel consumption

Postby Dantla on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Hi,

I have a M130 with GPA package and would like to calculate the fuel consumption of the engine. M1 Tune offers a channel for 'Vehicle Speed [km/h]' and 'Fuel Volume [uL]'. How can I add a channel, that applies a filter to Fuel Voume and prints the fuel consumption [l/100km] ?

Thanks!
Dantla

Re: Fuel consumption

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:38 am

Hi,

This is not possible in the M1 unless a custom firmware is made, it is possible to be done in i2 and some of the Dashes.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Dantla on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi Stephen,

Alright, I was already afraid of that. But as I want to read out the Fuel consumption via CAN, I could also calculate it externally. Therefore I would need to know, if Fuel Volume and Speed are transfered automatically via CAN and how I can find out their adresses. Can you give me a hint where I find Info about that?

Thanks,
Kilian
Dantla

Postby parsonsj on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:03 am

Kilan,

In my GPR-based firmware M150 there's an "ECU Fuel Used" in the output CAN stream. I pick that up in my AiM MXS dash and display it. That's the fuel used since the ECU was started. There's also an ability to calibrate that (via %modifier) in Tune for better accuracy. I use this on my Radical (which doesn't have a fuel gauge) to keep track of fuel used over time.
parsonsj

Postby Sali830 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:35 pm

parsonsj wrote:Kilan,

In my GPR-based firmware M150 there's an "ECU Fuel Used" in the output CAN stream. I pick that up in my AiM MXS dash and display it. That's the fuel used since the ECU was started. There's also an ability to calibrate that (via %modifier) in Tune for better accuracy. I use this on my Radical (which doesn't have a fuel gauge) to keep track of fuel used over time.

That ia a great trick.
Sali830

Return to M1 ECUs