Calibration update

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Calibration update

Postby 951driver on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:34 am

While working in my package (GPR for M170) I see an calibration update is available. However, it will not download for me. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Julian Allen
Tennessee, USA
951driver

Re: Calibration update

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi,

Is this happening when you click on the "New Updates" icon on the top of the screen, or when you do a "Check for Updates"? Which update is not installing correctly? and is it giving an eror when this occurs?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby 951driver on Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 am

I just tried again. A system update (ending in 0083) downloaded and installed rapidly using the icon next to the MoTeC logo. Same problem with the calibration update (first calibration file is for Bosch pressure sensor 0 261 230 099.1.0. M1 Tune says it is connecting, nothing happens with the status bar and the message is download failed. Same result using either way to access updates.
Julian Allen
Tennessee, USA
951driver

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi,

Can you go to the C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\MoTeC\Calibrations folder and delete the files that are in this folder, and then check for updates again thanks.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby 951driver on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 am

No joy. Even after deleting the files, upon opening M1 Tune to get to the update tabs, the files reappear before trying the update.
On my desktop I had no difficulty updating, the trouble I'm having is on my laptop.
Julian Allen
Tennessee, USA
951driver

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am

Hi Julian,

Have you installed M1 Build on this laptop as well?

Can you go to Help | Repair... in M1 Tune and run the repair process on Tune, and then see if this resolves the issue thanks.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby 951driver on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:29 am

Stephen, thanks for the help.
No M1 Build on this machine. No help with the repair function.
The laptop is only a few months old and I only use it for MoTeC, so I reset it with a clean Windows 10 installation, allowed updates to install and then installed M1 Tune. Connected to my ECU and M1 Tune downloaded and installed an ECU update as well as fresh version of the GPR package. These updates went flawlessly.
When I try to do the calibration update, it hangs at "Connecting" and then gives the "Download failed" message.
As I noted above, even after deleting the Calibration folder contents, as soon as I restart M1 Tune the files are rewritten.
The only thing I see different from this laptop and my desktop PC is that windows assigned the user name for this laptop (and it is the administrator), and the AppData folder is hidden but clearly is there when I type it in.
So in the grand scheme of things this fault isn't huge, but it would seem to limit me from the resources you provide with calibration of sensors.
Hope this assists you and the brain trust!
Julian Allen
Tennessee, USA
951driver

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 am

The APPDATA folder being hidden is default in Windows, so I cannot see this as being an issue. I have passed this on to the applications development team to look inot for you.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mila on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am

Hi,

There were some server issues with MoTeC Online at that time. Can you please try again?
If still unsuccessful, please copy the calibrations over from your other PC. We will work on making this more robust on our end for the future.

Thanks
Mila Koscialkowska
mila

Postby 951driver on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Sorry for the delay. Still won't connect/download. I'll try copying the calibration file as suggested.
Thanks for your continued support.
Julian Allen
Tennessee, USA
951driver

Return to M1 ECUs