M150GPR Purge Control

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M150GPR Purge Control

Postby rayhall on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:00 am

Hello,

I cannot find a Purge function in the M150GPR.

I looked for a User Defined PWM 3D table, so I could make my own, but there is none. Even a simple User Defined on/off function would do.

Sorry to be negative, but for the money you pay for a Motec you expect you are buying a ECU which is packed with features and is flexible in setup options. It seems like you have to buy a cheap ECU to get this.

Ray.
rayhall

Re: M150GPR Purge Control

Postby rntechnologies on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Are you referring to a nitrous purge?
If so there are a number of ways to achieve this, if you just want a simple on/off switch, you can use Auxiliary output 5 and use the driver switch as the enable for it.
Regards,
Ryan
rntechnologies
Pro User

Postby stevieturbo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:51 am

I presume he means purge for the fuel tank vapours that get drawn into the intake manifold under certain operating conditions.

Standard emissions control feature on most EFI cars over the last 20+ years.
stevieturbo

Postby rntechnologies on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:52 am

Emissions purge functionality is generally included on vehicle specific applications, as they can be configured and setup in different ways depending on the vehicle being used.
For example, if you look at the 2015 WRX STI package, you will see there is purge functionality.

If this is what is required, there are ways to achieve this with the Auxiliary output functionality - Remembering that the Aux outputs (1-5) are all different in their activation.
Regards,
Ryan
rntechnologies
Pro User

Return to M1 ECUs