closed loop fuel fault

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

closed loop fuel fault

Postby CarloL on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:07 am

Car is a Toyota Supra 2jzgte Manual 6 speed, so nothing fancy tech wise

Any idea's , water temp sensor fubar

I found an intermittent power connection to the ECU , have fixed it ; I was having cold start issues
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3993

Log file & Package

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao-FTTt3GMhrg4Qb72PNqQPeKitomQ

CarloL

Re: closed loop fuel fault

Postby David Ferguson on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 am

Since I believe you run a JRR package -- have you contacted them?

It appears you have a water injection system, and it reports a a sensor fault 10 seconds before the Fuel Close Loop Diagnostic reports control failure. Usually you want to pay attention to the first failure and try to prioritize fixing that.

Is there a Water Pressure sensor (or Water Level sensor), or perhaps a solenoid/valve that could be detected as not opening.

I have looked at your log (you do know that you can export (File->Export Data...) a smaller log that would show a particular area you want to focus on).

What I see right away is that you don't have a good value for exhaust Lambda, that would certainly cause the close loop fuel system to have a fault, -- if the Lambda is always 1.01, when it tries to make a trim change. -- looking at your other thread, you were having problems with an LTC.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby CarloL on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:46 am

Thanks David

LTC , not too sure on that one , when I run LTC manager , everything is working good according to the software , latest firmware too , on start up , I can see the state change from heating to running

I know the package has the ability to run WI (Water Injection) but I have none installed , only water sensor installed is the OE temp sensor

thanks for the heads up on File->Export Data...), will look into it

Would the latest ECU updates cause issue? Re-assign inputs?
CarloL

Postby CarloL on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 pm

John got back , will disable WI and go from there

Two things -

If you are not using any of the water injection feature, then make sure that there are no inputs/outputs assigned in there, and close the group down (disable). That will get rid of any warnings. The base map has some of that stuff setup just to provide an example for people who want to use it.

On the closed loop, if it sits on the trim limit (say you allow a +/- trim limit of 10%, and it is stuck at 10%) for longer than diagnostic time, it will shut the system down and throw those errors. The fix of course is to tune the fuel mapping so that it does not need to trim so much. Alternately you can give the closed loop more control range (using above example, set the +/- trim limit to 20%). Sometimes I will give it a lot of room to adjust under light throttle/load, and then allow it to do less under boost (as you don't want it making a huge correction under boost if the sensor goes bad or something).
CarloL

Postby CarloL on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:40 am

After some more investigation

Water Injection was turned off and no inputs assigned , I also enter into the Water Injection subsystem , Pressure Sensor also has "not in Use"; just incase it was ignoring the initial Mode set to "Not In use"

Strange the ECU is logging a Water Injection error?

Firmware, Calibration updates causing issue? 01.04.00.0062 (31st August 2018)

I emailed John Reed again , any help appreciated if I am missing something

CarloL

Return to M1 ECUs