M150GPR Reluctor Sensor -ve Wiring

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M150GPR Reluctor Sensor -ve Wiring

Postby rayhall on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello,

I have four wheel speed sensors and a crankshaft sensor. All of them are reluctor.

The wheel speed +ve signals are connected Universal Digital 9,10,11 and 12. What do I connect the -ve wires too ?

The crankshaft sensor I have +ve connected to Universal Digital 1. What do I connect -ve too ?

Ray.
rayhall

Re: M150GPR Reluctor Sensor -ve Wiring

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi Ray,

The -ve pins can be connected to any of the 0V supplies (pins A26, A27, A33, A34, D15 and D16). I try to wire like sensors to the same 0V supply where possible, so I would have all of the rotational sensors on the same supply, and the pressure sensors on a different on.

The Temp sensors need to be wired according to the Help for the AT inputs, where AT1 and AT1 are internally connected to the 5V+A supply, AT3 and AT4 are to the 5V+B and AT5 and AT6 are connected to 5V+C. The need to be wired to the matching 0V supply.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby rayhall on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Stephen,

Thank you.

Ray.
rayhall

Postby MalcolmG on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:56 am

SDean wrote: I try to wire like sensors to the same 0V supply where possible, so I would have all of the rotational sensors on the same supply, and the pressure sensors on a different on.

Stephen; just out of curiosity what's the rationale for this? My preference has been to group sensors by critical/non-critical so a fault on a non-critical sensor (hopefully) can't effect the supply for critical sensors, but I'm always interested to hear other ideas.
MalcolmG
Pro User

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 am

More of a personal preference to be honest, I find that it can make fault finding easier as I know that it is only one kind of sensor using the shared 5V/0V supplies.

As long as the correct Voltage References are applied (where relevant) then it doesn't make a difference to the operation of the ECU as to which are used, as long as the supply isn't overloaded.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M1 ECUs