M130 Idle Control for Automatic Transmission

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M130 Idle Control for Automatic Transmission

Postby ChrisR on Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am

Hi,

I am about to purchase a new GPA-M130 for our next project, which will be a 4 cylinder engine using an automatic transmission (no electronic control required).

I have been reviewing the GPA (M130) v1.07 package on M1 Tune and all looks straightforward, however I cannot locate any configuration for automatic transmission idle control (e.g. neutral switch feed forward control, target idle speed when in drive etc.).

Have I missed something here, or is there a different package I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Chris.
ChrisR

Re: M130 Idle Control for Automatic Transmission

Postby Jay Meagher on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:42 am

I don't think GPA or GPR has any provision for auto trans control. You could configure the steering pressure forward feed as an adder as it moves in and out of gear. I'm working on a car with a auto trans now and with just using the idle motor and idle timing the engine speed is really stable moving in and out of gear. Depending on stall speed and idle target you may get away with just tuning as delivered strategy.
Jay Meagher

Re: M130 Idle Control for Automatic Transmission

Postby ChrisR on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Jay,

I'd pretty much reached the same conclusion the power-steer pressure switch was my only alternative - I realise that I may have been overly enthusiastic in assuming that the new Motec would have a this level of factory-esque functionality. Good to hear that the Motec idle control has achieved stable transitions in your application.

Cheers.
ChrisR

Return to M1 ECUs