Warnings

Postby CarloL on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:34 am

Hi

Is this anything to be concerned about? Car is in Idle state

CarloL

Re: Warnings

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 am

Hi,

These are two faults that I would resolve, as they provide crucial information on the engines operation to the M1.

The Translation Minimum for the Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor is caused by the voltage signal being received being below the range of the translation table, this means that the M1 is not receiving a valid Manifold Pressure value, and could be calculating the engines load incorrectly. This will also potentially effect the rest of the engines operating range if the whole of the scale is wrong.

The Throttle Position Sensor Diagnostic is caused by the 0% of the pedal not being set, this should be resolved as well as it can effect the engines idle operation, amongst other areas.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby CarloL on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks Stephen!
CarloL

Postby CarloL on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi Stephen

Package I am running
Package: JRR Toyota 2JZ
Type: Contact For Details
Contact John Reed Racing: Sales | Support
http://www.motec.com/targeted-current/t ... ry/#TOYOTA

I was just talking to my mapper here in Southern Ireland (Motec Dealer),

He said

Thats manifold warning dose not mean there is a problem it just means that the value went outside the calibration pints but as the sensor is setup up linear its fine.
The other warnings are not a problem either.

Well then you need to get a full scale calibration for the map sensor which is not avalible. If the warning is yellow it dose not affect the calibration. If its red there is a problem.

Your partner package cant do a proper full scale calibration for the map sensor as it only has 2 load sites as per the John Read package.

There is nothing wrong with the throttle being closed at 0%.

Are 2 load sites sufficient or would you suggest more?

MAP Sensor -- I am running a non JZA80 OEM Denso Map sensor (need to get model number)

Error -- Translation Minimum 4 Voltage is below the minimum site on the Calibration Axis.

CarloL

Postby CarloL on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 am

Was told ny another Motec mapper to

First,

Change the inlet manifold pressure sensor low voltage setting to 0.050V

I suppose we have 2 options , increase the Diagnostic low limit or as the mapper suggested the inlet manifold pressure sensor low voltage setting ; are there any implications for lowering the inlet manifold pressure sensor low voltage setting ?

Second;

With the key "ON" and ECU powered, press "Q" while on the throttle postion sensor offset value. Make sure you are not touching the gas pedal.

Thrid,

Under the same settings as above for the key and ECU, select "Scale" value below "Offset". Press the pedal to the floor and then press "Q" again to set this value.

I presume I will see the scale when I am connected to the ECU , do not have access to the car at the moment
CarloL

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Carlo,

Do not change the Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor Translation table, if you do so, it will introduce an error into the MAP reading. As the values that the voltage relate to are hidden in the Package, you can't change them to suit the different voltage values. Currently your 1.513V value relates to a certain pressure being read by the sensor, if the Voltage value is changed to a different value without a corresponding change to the Pressure value, then you will most likely be reading a lower than actual value into the M1, i.e. 100kPa of Boost may actually be 150kPa. You can drop the Diagnostic value lower to remove the diagnostic error. You should also talk to John Reed about this, as He should look into the values for that sensor and confirm.

The reason that you are not seeing the Scale value is that you have searched for Throttle Offset, as scale is not under this, then it will not be seen. Change the search to Throttle Scale and it will be visible. Both of these functions need to have the M1 connected (or by using the Time Graph data after you have disconnected, don't forget to merge the changes when you next connect) to use the Q function, otherwise the data can be manually entered from logging data.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby CarloL on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you Stephen! Great Support!
CarloL

Postby CarloL on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:40 am

Quick one after talking to John

My question was
Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor : Is it possible to add in more load sites ?

John said

MoTeC themselves changed the way pressure sensors are handled, and went to a 2 site translation table as part of these changes. You should only need to enter the provided minimum and maximum voltage for your sensor (and corresponding pressure data) and that is it.

My mapper (Offical Motec M1 partner Southern Ireland) keeps reiterating

Your partner package cant do a proper full scale calibration for the map sensor as it only has 2 load sites

Who is correct ?
CarloL

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:48 am

John is correct as long as the pressure sensor is linear. Your mapper is correct if the sensor is non-linear.

Good news -- all the solid-state pressure sensors have linear output.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby CarloL on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:02 am

Thanks David

A straight answer finally :D
CarloL

Return to M1 ECUs