Motec M130 Throttle body Faults

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Motec M130 Throttle body Faults

Postby UAE on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:00 am

Hello everyone, I have a project engine which happen to be a Toyota 1FZ-Fe that has been turbocharged. I have installed Motec M130 on the engine and the engine runs great except the Issue that I have with fault coming up regarding the throttle body that is holding the engine from being tuned for idel! If I turn idel control on the engine will stay in Idel mode no matter what throttle or engine rpm its on so in order to run the engine the idel control has to be off!
I have looked for every setting regarding throttle and all seems set correctly which is driving me crazy. I hope some of you gyz can tell me the mistake or issue I am having which will make my life a lot easier searching for this issue.
I am attaching a log file of my engine running

your help is appreciated.. :ugeek:
Attachments
S1_#1799_20160305_170847.ld
Data log of my engine
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 901 times
UAE

Re: Motec M130 Throttle body Faults

Postby tepid1 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 am

Looks like "throttle pedal" value never changes. It appears that the error is in how you have your inputs selected. If you post your calibration I can take a look and help you out.
tepid1

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 am

Hi,

Can you copy the values from the Throttle Position Sensor Offset and Scale Parameters into the Throttle Pedal Sensor Main and Tracking Offset and Scale Parameters, this makes the M1 read the pedal values.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:28 am

tepid1 wrote:Looks like "throttle pedal" value never changes. It appears that the error is in how you have your inputs selected. If you post your calibration I can take a look and help you out.

Did you know that the config is contained in the log files created when you download a device? In I2, use Tools->View Device Config... and it will open M1 Tune with the config from the log file.

From that you can see that Throttle Pedal Sensor Main Voltage Reference and Throttle Pedal Sensor Tracking Voltage Resources have not been selected. This is required for Drive-by-wire, if this has a cable throttle, then the advice above is correct. This is configured in Initial Setup 2->Throttle Pedal tab. The notes on that page should be useful.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby UAE on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Sdean I will try what you have advised later this week since I am away from home.

David Ferguson and tepid1, the car has a cable throttle and not drive by wire. can you explain more on the issue of my input selection since currently the throttle opening and closing % is working on my M1?
I have tried to post my configuration file but when I do so the website reject the file because of the file extension!

Thank you all for your support,
UAE

Postby tepid1 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:23 am

David Ferguson wrote:
tepid1 wrote:Looks like "throttle pedal" value never changes. It appears that the error is in how you have your inputs selected. If you post your calibration I can take a look and help you out.

Did you know that the config is contained in the log files created when you download a device? In I2, use Tools->View Device Config... and it will open M1 Tune with the config from the log file.

From that you can see that Throttle Pedal Sensor Main Voltage Reference and Throttle Pedal Sensor Tracking Voltage Resources have not been selected. This is required for Drive-by-wire, if this has a cable throttle, then the advice above is correct. This is configured in Initial Setup 2->Throttle Pedal tab. The notes on that page should be useful.

Nope. Did not know that. Good info! Thanks
tepid1

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:59 am

UAE wrote:Sdean
David Ferguson and tepid1, the car has a cable throttle and not drive by wire. can you explain more on the issue of my input selection since currently the throttle opening and closing % is working on my M1?
I have tried to post my configuration file but when I do so the website reject the file because of the file extension!

Stephen's advice is basically the same as the procedure mentioned on the Throttle Pedal setup tab.

You can see on the Engine Systems->Idle Aim setup tab, that you have to provide the Idle Activate Throttle Pedal Threshold and Hysteresis values. So for this to work the Throttle Pedal Position has to be updated.

For that to occur, you either need to have a Throttle Pedal sensor connected (and a resource configured), or use use the Throttle Position, but the Pedal needs to have the Throttle Pedal Sensor Main Offset and Scale parameters set (you can do with with the Q key and no throttle and full throttle).

It seems like you are very close.
Last edited by David Ferguson on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby UAE on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:54 am

First of all thank you all for your support, I have tried Sdean advice and it work great :D now there are no faults!!
I just wana make sure that if this is normal, the idle status when the car is idleing keep changing from "Idel" to "Normal" is this normal? because I notice that the timing advance does not take place to bring the idle up when there is a variation between idle aim and current idle rpm?
UAE

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 am

What this means is that the M1 is requesting a ignition advance that is higher than the value in the Ignition Timing Main map, when the Idle requested timing matches the Ignition Timing Main value, then the timing control swaps from Idle to Normal. Increase the amount of base timing around the idle area of the Ignition Timing Main map so that the Idle control system has some room to move.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby UAE on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:36 pm

That make sense,, Appreciate all your supports
UAE

Return to M1 ECUs