What's the chances of a real time dyno tune video?

What's the chances of a real time dyno tune video?

Postby Chris Wilson on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:19 am

Maybe as a short series of special feature length webinars? :) I was thinking maybe initially a basic N/A engine on an engine dyno so you could be tuning it from a position of quiet, on a large monitor, showing fuelling changes and ignition changes in real time. Then a later one on a boosted engine? Probably a lot of work to do this, but as far as I can tell, it would be pretty much unique amongst ECU manufacturers. I am trying to find a mapper here in the UK that will let me tag along and pay a fee to watch some real time mapping on different engines, but they seem justifiably reluctant to share their secrets :)
Chris Wilson

Re: What's the chances of a real time dyno tune video?

Postby Andy Blyth on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 am

Hi Chris

The second day of the EFI101 (http://www.efi101.com/efi101.html) course is exactly this! It's well worth the money in my opinion; I'd thoroughly recommend it.

It looks like the next one is January next year.

Cheers

Andy
Andy Blyth

Postby 20B on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Anything like this coming to Australia ?
Mazda 1993 RX7
20B N/A engine
Motec M800,CDI, SDL, SLM, LTC, DHB
20B

Postby MrDomino on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 am

If anything, I'd recommend saving your money and just paying a tuner to let you sit there and watch them while they tune. You'll learn a lot more that way. EFI 101 is great if you have absolutely no knowledge of tuning but you'll learn more by watching someone else go through the entire process from start to finish.
MrDomino

Postby galanos on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:16 am

Thought about the same plan.

Online mapping, remote mapping wont work.

The tuner has to listen to the engine, to knock, to vacuum leaks, to idle quality, to any strange/irregular noises.

Sometimes, a top notch tuner working on the car can / may guide the owner to change wastegate piping, intercooler size, advise on valve shim adjustments etc. So a top notch tuner will not only electronically map an engine but at the same time comment on all over the vehicle.
galanos

Return to Webinar Requests