Motec VCU EV package Interest

Place to discuss Formula SAE projects

Motec VCU EV package Interest

Postby kseven on Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 am

Hi all,

My team is interested in making the transition from an IC car to an EV car over the next couple years. We already have the M150 and really enjoy using it. I've noticed that Motec has released an EV focused VCU which seems to match the hardware of the M150. Is there a difference besides the Tune package between the M150 and the M150EV? I understand that the M1 cannot be used as a motor controller itself but can work with a separate motor controller to handle sensors and logging.

Also I was wondering if there is a base tune package to look at before you purchase either the M150EV or an EV build for the M150.

Still new to the world of EV, so any help is greatly appreciated!
kseven

Re: Motec VCU EV package Interest

Postby adrian on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:51 am

The M150EV and M150 are identical hardware wise, you can use a standard M150 for an electric vehicle.

Due to the varied nature of electric vehicles there is no generic package available like there is for combustion engines. All EV projects are done from scratch using either M1 Build or our Integration Tool for Simulink.

You can find out more information about what we can offer on our website here or you can email evapplications@motec.com.au
adrian
MoTeC

Return to Formula SAE