Problem with M84 window disappeared

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation of entry level ECUs

Problem with M84 window disappeared

Postby acca on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 pm

Hello,
I have a strange problem running M84 software on windows 10
Yesterday, i have accidentally double clicked the upper bar of M84 software. The window disappeared but it's icon is still present in the taskbar.
I tried the following without succes :
- maximise the window (from taskmanager)
- Alt tab
- Win + UP
- click the icon on the taskbar
- disintalling, cleaning the registry, reboot, reinstalling

I have made no change on windows before the problem occurs.

Does anyone already have had this problem please ?
Thanks
acca

Re: Problem with M84 window disappeared

Postby sardengineering on Fri May 10, 2024 12:56 am

Good day

Apologies for the delayed response, but in trying to replicate what you described I was unable to get the same results you did. From what you initially described it seems that ECU Manager was open and not accessible, but your last steps seemed very extreme.

I would think that ending the MoTeC's ECU Manager entry within the task manager listing of active programs would be enough to allow you to start the program fresh. Even after stopping the task manager entry, maybe a reboot would have been a good precaution, but I don't see further action being necessary to get the program to open normal once more.

However, seeing as your last noted step includes quite a bit, I would advise deleting the MoTeC folder here "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoTeC\" then complete a fresh install. This is of course assuming that ECU Manager version 1.2 is only one you have installed, and you have saved copies of everything you need (data logs, screen layouts and calibration files).

If after this you still don't have any joy then I don't think you have a MoTeC software problem, something might be wrong with your windows environment. All the best making some progress.
---
Damien King
Technical Analyst/Engine Management Calibrator

S.A.R.D. Engineering
Stephen's Automotive Research & Development Engineering
"Experience the progress of efficiency through engineering principles"
sardengineering

Re: Problem with M84 window disappeared

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri May 10, 2024 10:34 am

Do you have a second monitor that could be plugged into the laptop? I have seen similar behaviour when the window has minimised to a phantom second monitor and the only way that it could be recovered was to connect a second monitor to the laptop, and then drag the window back onto the laptop screen.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M84 ECUs