New ignition question with my rotary engine :)

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation of entry level ECUs

New ignition question with my rotary engine :)

Postby Jfunesa on Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:18 am

Hi! I have a new question concerning the ignition circuit. With the setting as I have them right now, the leading and trailing spark plugs spark at the exact same time. However this is not how it is supposed to work, they should have an ignition timing difference. I was wandering how to modify this. Is the ignition difference between leading and trailing coils only managed by the 'Ignition Type' parameter or is there another parameter that can be changed that influences this ignition thiming difference between the coils? For now, the Ignition Type is 140 (Mazda Rotary Indiv Leading and Trailing Coils - falling trigger). I saw that the ignition happened at the exact same time by substracting one signal from the other with the oscilloscope. So here you can see the signals: the green signal is the leading coil, that ignites twice per rotation of the shaft (because there is one waste spark), the yellow signal is one of the trailing coil, and the blue is trailing minus leading, so you see when the signal is sent to trailing, the substraction is 0, so the signals are exactly the same at that point.
Attachments
SCREEN02.PNG
SCREEN02.PNG (42.99 KiB) Viewed 22173 times
Jfunesa

Return to M84 ECUs