rx7 metering oil pump control with m84

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation of entry level ECUs

rx7 metering oil pump control with m84

Postby Jfunesa on Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:48 am

I wanted to see if anyone could help me on how to manage the metering oil pump with the m84 for my 13BT DEI (1989).

Thanks in advance
Jfunesa

Re: rx7 metering oil pump control with m84

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:36 am

Hi,

As this uses stepper control and the M84 does not have that functionality, I'm not sure if this can be controlled using the M84. I have attached the datasheet for configuring it using that Mx00 ECU's. You may have to contact a MOTeC dealer who works with Rotaries to find out how they have configured it.
Attachments
DAD0101 MAZDA ROTARY OIL METERING PUMP.pdf
(104.85 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Jfunesa on Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:16 pm

Stephen Dean wrote:Hi,

As this uses stepper control and the M84 does not have that functionality, I'm not sure if this can be controlled using the M84. I have attached the datasheet for configuring it using that Mx00 ECU's. You may have to contact a MOTeC dealer who works with Rotaries to find out how they have configured it.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your answer. Do you have the contact of any MoTeC dealer who works with rotaries that could help me? If so, could you please put me in contact with him?

Thanks in advance
Jfunesa

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:24 am

Hi,

Where are you located?
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Jfunesa on Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:53 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer
I am located in Brussels, Belgium.

I don't understand, why do you say that the M84 does not have that functionality? We can connect a stepper to the outputs aux5-8, as it is specified in the datasheet that you provided and in the datasheet of the M84, right?

I tried to fill the data in the MoTeC software, so for the aux5 I specified the stepper functionality, and filled in the parameters of Max Rate and polarity, from the datasheet that you gave me. However I don't understand how to build the table. Also, what functionalities should I specify for aux6-8?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
m84.jpg
m84.jpg (192.88 KiB) Viewed 13777 times
Jfunesa

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:25 pm

Hi,

In the Mx00 series of ECU's, there is also the option of Function 119, Servo Stepper Motor Control, this is a standalone stepper motor control that can be configured to control stepper motors such as the OMP and is not designed to work with the Idle control stepper.

What is available in the M84 is Idle Stepper Control (Function 8) that works in conjunction with the Idle Control system, function 119 is not available in the M84. As this turns off when the engine is not in Idle, then this will not work to control an oil metering pump.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M84 ECUs