Vw aircooled flat4

A place to show off your MoTeC Projects

Vw aircooled flat4

Postby spracing on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 am

Hello all
as my first post, I would like to share my project with you, although a little bit odd for a motec dedicated forum, anyway this is my 2387cc T1 engine, aircooled, N.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtzR15OpV1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOR7HNWofE0&feature=related

On this video is calibrated on a race car with an M4 unit, I will be using an M400 instead on my car so I'll have plenty of work to do. I will be going thorougly the manual and do all things as they should be, but surelly I will have some issues until I fire it up so I will come back with my questions, cheers for now

Friendly

Dimitrios Pasakalos, spracing Greece
spracing

Re: Vw aircooled flat4

Postby 2jzmk3 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:23 pm

any specs on the car. it looks really clean.
2jzmk3

Postby spracing on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Hello mate

sorry for the delay, long time since I logged in last time, the car is Johannese's drag car www.jpmotorsport.se , 66 model, gfk flip front, six point cage, race seats etc and very very clean as you mentioned, his goal is for this season to get it ready for races, it will come with a T1 1915cc engine producing hopefully 265-270Hp -now is 257Hp, will see how it comes, cheers

Friendly

Dimitrios
spracing

Postby spracing on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 am

Hello all

after so many years seems that this winter I will get my car back and the above engine on it. As I'm a novice as far as the efi and motecs concerns, I have some inputs so as to start making some progress

As I have lost the invoices of the M400 I have got years ago, and the cables aren't 100% ready yet, was wondering how I can see my ecu's installed firmware? will it be compatible with the latest software edition or I will have to stick with an older version? I dont even know what it was included in the ecu as option, if any, when I bought it.

Also as the cables aren't ready yet, can i just use the power cables only to switch the ecu on and communicate with the laptop and experiment with the software? I have a previous calibration file (M4) but I think this will be no problem on conversion
Anything else I have to be cautioned of?

Friendly

Dimitrios
spracing

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Dimitrios,

You can bench use the M400, by just connecting the power, ground and communications inputs in the connector. We do this all of the time here for testing purposes.

With the firmware, you will be able to update to the latest version of firmware (3.54) with your M400, it is better to do this before you load a configuration into the M400.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby spracing on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:37 am

Thanks a lot Stephen, I thought so but wanted to be sure, about the options included or not, I will just figure it out if the software lets me access the specific menu right? or in another way? really appreciate it for helping me out

Friendly

Dimitrios
spracing

Return to Customer Projects