Help with choppy video in I2 Pro

Video Capture System

Help with choppy video in I2 Pro

Postby adelaide on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:23 pm

I have recently reformatted my drive and had to reinstall I2 Pro. Now when I play the video with overlayed data in I2 Pro, the video is choppy like it is missing frames or something. I have tried everything including contacting Motec directly and still having the same problem. Anyone out know how to fix this annoying problem? I have a Microsoft based PC running windows 10. Thank you.
adelaide

Re: Help with choppy video in I2 Pro

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Do you realize that the video will generally run much smoother if you have the video component selected? Just point your cursor at the video and click.

Did you install the MainConcept video codec when you re-installed I2 Pro?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Adelaide,

If the video window in i2 is not highlighted during playback, the data window that has the highlight becomes the timing master, and plays at the correct rate, and all other windows perform a synchronised frame capture from the current data cursor position. This is the only way that synchronisation between the data and video files can be correctly maintained.

Also, when and how did you try contacting support? I have no record of this issue being raised and if you tried to send an email in through the support @ motec.com.au email address, it wasn't received. if you can supply some details I would like to look into this.
Last edited by Stephen Dean on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updating information
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby adelaide on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Thank you for your assistance. I called Motec East in the USA. I cannot remember who I spoke to. She was helpful but my system is still not operating correctly. I did as she stated and converted my video files to WMV and it still did not solve the problem. No idea what to do now.
adelaide

Postby adrian on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:56 pm

How big are the files you are having issues with? Would you be able to upload one (wetransfer or dropbox etc) for me to test?

If you have the video window highlighted in i2 it should play smoothly. If you go to the Windows Task Manager what sort of CPU usage do you get when i2 is playing a video?
adrian
MoTeC

Return to VCS