Issue Setting up L-10 GPS with ADL2 - Help!

Information about using GPS units with motec devices

Issue Setting up L-10 GPS with ADL2 - Help!

Postby jim996 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 am

Please could you help me with this. I've installed the GPS L10 and the unit is working OK but I'm struggling with setting it up to work with the ADL2. It's connected via RS232.

I've followed the instructions on the websites and webinars to set up the communications input

INPUT/COMMUNICATIONS

RS232, set to GPS STANDARD RMC GGA.

The issue I have is that the RS232 Received Channels are all showing "Channel Not Found" the only received channel is showing as "GPS satellites in view"

I've looked at the instructions and website and it seems to indicate that I should be seeing GPS lat and long and speed in the received channels but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any ideas? Rapidly pulling what's left of my hair out ;-)

Thanks Jim
jim996

Re: Issue Setting up L-10 GPS with ADL2 - Help!

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:04 am

I use this exact setup on my own ADL2 system, so it will work.

When you say "the unit is working OK" -- does this mean you are receiving position information, or just data for the one channel you have that is correctly identified.

It seems like the Comms template you have doesn't match the channels file installed on your computer. First thing you should do is to make sure the have the latest version of ADL2 Dash Manager installed. You might even want to install a newer dash manager (ie. ADL3 Dash Manager) as these seem to bring in new channels.

Next, I would re-load the comms template with the version installed when you ran the dash manager installer.

I would expect that to work.

Your MoTeC dealer should be able to help you get this sorted pretty easily. If you don't have a MoTeC dealer to help you, and you're in the USA, feel free to contact me and I will try to help you directly.

David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
ferg@veracitydata.com
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Issue Setting up L-10 GPS with ADL2 - Help!

Postby jim996 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:14 am

Thanks David. I installed the latest version of ADL manager 2 and ADL manager 3 on my laptop and it worked perfectly. I've taken the bike for a run up my street and the logging is working fine.

Cheers

Jim
jim996

Return to GPS Information