SDC2 Base Map Request

Discussion and support for MoTeC's Mitsubishi and Subaru Diff Controllers

SDC2 Base Map Request

Postby mrsaturn7085 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 am

Have an opportunity at getting a SDC2 from a rally car being parted out and would like to request a base map file if possible?

Most relevant comparable model would be a gravel rally N12 (2006) car but anything I can use as a starting point would be very helpful!
mrsaturn7085

Re: SDC2 Base Map Request

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am

Hi,

The SDC2 Manager has a base file in the manager that you can start from, other than that there may be users on here that are willing to offer up the maps that they use.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mrsaturn7085 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 pm

In the thread "SDC Base Map Subaru N10 Gravel Rally", it was mentioned the base map provided with the SDC was developed on a gravel rally car and would be a reasonably good starting point. Is this the same file that would be provided with the SDC software that you are referring to?

In your PM you also mention the OEM maps as a good starting point but to my knowledge the OEM controller maps haven't been extracted anywhere online. Do you know of a location that I could find these?
mrsaturn7085

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Yes,

This is the same file.

What I said in the PM was that the behaviour of the base file in the the SDC is fairly similar to that of the OEM controller, not that they are the OEM Maps. I haven't seen the OEM maps anywhere online.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mrsaturn7085 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:12 am

SDean wrote:Yes,

This is the same file.

What I said in the PM was that the behaviour of the base file in the the SDC is fairly similar to that of the OEM controller, not that they are the OEM Maps. I haven't seen the OEM maps anywhere online.

Thank you for the clarification. Just one more quick question - when the SDC2 software is first started, all four maps are populated. Is this the gravel car base map (rather than the file called "Mode 1 like Sti Auto mode")?

EDIT: Actually, I'll make it two questions -

Are there any plans to ever upgrade the SDC software or is it essentially a legacy product now that the M1 can do the entire job?

Potential improvements that would seem to only be a software change would be additional modifiers to table data; i.e. Throttle vs. TPS with a throttle vs. lateral G-force adder table, integration of additional sensors such as steering angle, etc.
mrsaturn7085

Postby br21 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Base maps are OK to start with, for gravel you usually need more lock, but all depends on drver/car/surface combination.
Remember also to Setup all the main parameters like wheel speeds inputs, the throttle min/max position, etc.

I think development of SDC is already finished long time ago. And from my experience those options are fairly enough, with i.e. steering angle it's more problems than gain.
br21

Return to MDC and SDC