SDC2 install into V6RA with M800

Discussion and support for MoTeC's Mitsubishi and Subaru Diff Controllers

SDC2 install into V6RA with M800

Postby V6RArally on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of installing an SDC2 into my V6RA rally car utilizing the existing DCCD wiring loom, and a gold box M800. After referencing the SDC2 manual, m8oo PnP V9 manual, Subaru MY06 manual and various othe V6 DCCD drawings I have found on the net, I am about 95% there with how I need to wire it all, however with referance to my attached drawings, I have the following questions:

Q1, Half duplex wiring, what type of circuitry do I require here to get the info from the ECU to the SDC2? ( Ihave attached a couple of circuits, however I'm unsure as to the circuitry in the SDC2)

Q2, 0V Comms does this require connection to the SDC2? if yes what pin?

Q3, Can I connect the CAN bus directly to the SDC2 as per my diagram? or do I need to connect via the onboard connector?

Q4, Is the Tacho input required for the SDC2 if I have my ground speed from the ECU over the RS232?

A couple of set up questions for experienced tuners of the SDC2, is it better to use MAP or TPS for the load table, my thoughts are that the MAP is a better representation of engine power delivery over TPS plus it is one less wire to run!

The only other connections not showing on my drawing are the display (need to bell it out to confirm wiring) and speed sensors( my car is an original RA, so no wiring or mounts in the hubs) so slip control will have to come later.
Attachments
Grun1-Wire-RS232-HalfDup.jpg
Grun1-Wire-RS232-HalfDup.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 13116 times
m800 SDC2 hookup STI V6 No wheel speed sensors.jpg
m800 SDC2 hookup STI V6 No wheel speed sensors.jpg (289.33 KiB) Viewed 13116 times
V6RArally

Re: SDC2 install into V6RA with M800

Postby Rude Engineering on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:58 am

Q1, Half duplex wiring, what type of circuitry do I require here to get the info from the ECU to the SDC2? ( Ihave attached a couple of circuits, however I'm unsure as to the circuitry in the SDC2)

Q2, 0V Comms does this require connection to the SDC2? if yes what pin?

Q3, Can I connect the CAN bus directly to the SDC2 as per my diagram? or do I need to connect via the onboard connector?

Q4, Is the Tacho input required for the SDC2 if I have my ground speed from the ECU over the RS232?

Q1. The method shown in No.1 in your attachment should work. Not sure how critical it is but I would use a 10K resstor. You will only need this for the ECU end, not at both ends of the wire.

Q2. This is not required.

Q3, Yes but you will need to have CAN terminating resistors as per MoTeC recommendations.

Q4, Tacho is not required if you have speed coming from the ECU.

Hope this helps!
Ross Buckingham
Rude Engineering Ltd. Racing Engine Technology. Hampshire, U.K.
Rude Engineering

Re: SDC2 install into V6RA with M800

Postby br21 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

I installed few DCCD units into non subaru applications and it all works fine. Do as in reply above, all should work then. TPS is much better for mapping the DCCD. Position display is also easy to make.
br21

Return to MDC and SDC