M84 timing issues

Support for all parts of the MoTeC Website and the MoTeC Forum

M84 timing issues

Postby leeroy200b on Thu May 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi there,having problems getting latest project fired up. Engine L28 nissan, VL rb30 distributor 360 ref slots,6 Sync slot(one larger home slot).M84 ecu, 6 LS1 ignition coils. The problem is i get no spark with the general setup-main setup setting shown on drawing T10 Nissan 360 slot optical drawing for a rb30 engine.Ref/Sync mode 10 Crank Ref 180 and Crip at 60. If i change the CRT to 60 i get all the coils to fire at once per dist.cycle. Is there other settings i should try that are not on the web site. I have the ignition set to 6 coils and can test them and all work fine in their firing order.have checked the input signals to ecm and look fine. Have set the REF and SYNC filter table to 0.
Hope someone has some helpful info for me. thanks.
leeroy200b

Re: M84 timing issues

Postby leeroy200b on Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Update on my timing - setup issue, the standard rb30 distributor has six sync slots,1 wider for number 1 cylinder, i cut some black insulation tap and fitted on the 5 small ones and it cured all my problems.
The old girl fired up and runs sweet.
But there must be some magic numbers out there for me to remove the tape and still operate as a common setup.
Hope this helps someone out in the future also.
leeroy200b

Return to MoTeC Forum and Website Support